This weekends Smoke with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
Well my brother wl_kb3 and I got together last weekend at my place and smoked a bunch of meat on Saturday. On the menu was Brisket, Pork Loin, Ribs & Salmon.

Here is the picture of the sliced brisket since I already went over that in another post.

Here are the ribs all ready to go into the UDS. Closest on was a mix of random stuff that we threw together, the middle one was a chery rub and the far one which is the cut off part of the spare is rubbed with Jeff's rub.

Getting ready to roll.

On the smoker ready for some Thin Blue. The brisket and the loin are on the rack below.

The spare all finished.

The BB with the mixture of spices.

The top part of the spare.

We did a pork loin sprinkled with Herbes De Provence for lunch. Man was it nice and juicy.

Here is a shot of the salmon we did for my mother in law.

All packaged up ready to be picked up.

Thanks for looking at our smoke.

Looks like lots of good food
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

man that looks good I was thinking about smoking a butt for pulled pork sandwiches this coming weekend and was also thinking about throwing on some bb ribs was wondering what the process was and how long does a rack that size take to cook?

TJ

We used the 2-2-1 method on both the spare and the BB. 2 hours on the smoker, 2 hours in foil with apple juice and finally one more hour back on the smoker to firm up. Normally you would do 3-2-1 for spare ribs but this rack wasn't very big and quite frankly we just forgot that the spare needed to go on a hour earlier. Oh well they all turned out great. The spare was actually more tender than the BB.

Good looking pics bro. Mom and dad loved the leftovers so much they want me to make more this weekend. To bad for them we have 230 pounds of sausage to make this weekend.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Looks like you guys had a ball, but wheres the pics of beer. I did six slabs of spares the weekend but sorry no qview. The weather is suppose to be great again this weekend so i think im gonna do poultry. Leg quaters etc etc. I think im gonna throw in ribs because i wanna master those suckers. pratice make perect

All we did for the pork loin was rub it in Herbes De Provence and throw it on the smoker until it reached 155. We were going to inject it with butter and spices but we just got to lazy.
If you have never heard of or had Herbes De Provence I woudl highly suggest picking some up and trying it. I love it my wife just introduced me to it a few weeks ago. Its a blend that she always used when she was living in france for a year. You can buy it at most grocery stores but it won't be the authentic France blend but I am sure it will be just as good.

Man oh Man you are doing really good and suckin up to the mother in law too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Has to go out to you. You have some killer smoke for lunch dinner and making points with the inlaws too.
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky