This last weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billclarkson

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Refugio, Texas
I am here to tell you a picture is for sure worth a thousand words, but then how do you turn that into taste. Wanted to share a few photos of the Boston Butt and some brats i did this last weekend. Now that i have overcome these mighty pieces of meat, guess it will be time to see if i can smoke up a good brisket. Now can someone tell me how to do it good ole south texas style. Yes i am from south texas but never done one before, but have sure read up on how to pick one out. Now hoping for some good advice on rubs and finishing sauces. Thanks to all for the advice which i am about to receive. Oh and by the way would have posted photos of the smoke but they did not come out, wanted to see if it would show up just slightly rolling out of the rim but guess too light of smoke, better luck next time. Gonna see if i can become a proud member of the OTBS.

Bill
USMC RETIRED....ooorahhhhhhhh
c3f77cdd_vbattach12926.jpg

1275a539_vbattach12927.jpg

de9e0d9c_vbattach12928.jpg

Very nice looking butt there Bill! Good job!

A simple mustard, garlic, onion, paprika and canjun spice rub will do nicely

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky