• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

this evenings meal

johno

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 30, 2007
ok guy's i did another chook , smoked with peach wood , and sprayed with pineapple juice.rubbed with jeff's rub.
also did a nice batch of cajun style tater's . and some meowey's mac & cheese the whole lot was very edible.
we had our eldest son over tonight because his wife was at a function that was ladies only night at a resteraunt , he enjoyed the Q too.
i have a lump of corned beef soaking in water in the fridge to get some of the salt out then it will be getting rubbed and smoked in the next few days .
hope to make it into the pastrami style stuff .
4b5109c0_vbattach12628.jpg

afd97dcd_vbattach12629.jpg

c6ae8198_vbattach12627.jpg

triple b

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2007
Congrats on a great lookin' meal!
Chicken has a wonderful colour. And the juices on the platter!!
Did you stuff it?
What temp. did you use?
Maikin' me hungry!

johno

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 30, 2007
G,day no i didnt stuff it , it came already freshly stuffed & marrinated vac wrapped from the super market , i cooked it at around 230 _ 250 . i think it it took about 3.45 hours to reach 172 internal , it was 1.8 kilo bird .

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Great looking meal Johno. I am glad it all came together for you. Thanks for sharing the pics.

billyq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 13, 2007
Is there anything more comforting than some hot mac and cheese?

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Great looking meal and yardbird (chook) Johno and meowey's mac & cheese rocks!!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.