This Bird Wouldn't Stand For A Can Up It's Butt QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
No, really, the damned thing weighed in a 5.4 lbs (HUGE) and would tip over. I decided to not try and figure it out to only have it fall over and onto the ground or something.

It is a Sam's rotisserie uncooked so it has been brined and rubbed by Tyson, or so I have been told. I was going to also try and do a quick cure but thought that might bo over kill so didn't want to chance ruining a good bird.

Some TBS and we're off and running. I'll start at 240' for now using apple and hickory. After 40 minutes smoker is at 230'.

Enjoy the QVIEW, everyone!! Thanks For watching.

I'll post the results tomorrow. I like that ceramic thing, thanks.

Talk about a fat A S S chicken!!!

The pics aren't very good, but the chicken was very good, moist and juicy.

Thanks, I'll remember that.

Nice look'n bird Ron
icon_smile.gif

Those Sam's birds are so easy and time saving and pretty cheap also 5 dollars here. You save 12 hours of brining, so you can just pick one up on the spur of the moment, take home and smoke. I'm getting lazy I guess, but after all the years at the restaurant I'm looking for easy and still good.

Thanks, and thanks for the points I just saw in my control panel, I really appreciate it. I try and help when I can.

Thanks again!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Fantastic looking bird. I've got three kids that would pick that clean before I'd even get a bite.

Abelman, where'd you get the ceramic chicken chair? the link in the thread you pasted to now goes to the product page for a carving knife.

Thanks everyone. When I got home last night guess what was on the counter? The fat a s s chicken with a slice out of it, so cut more added some veggies and that was dinner for wife. She said will you cut some for a sammie for my lunch tomorrow?

When I get her stamp of approval I know I did good. She can be fussy at times.

Tonight is Country Ribs, bone in. (sliced butt with bone).
Thanks again for watching the show.

Ron

When I do Beer can poultry I use my Dutch oven to hold them up and a 6" D.O. works great for Game Hen at 10" works great for a large chicken nd a 8" works for a 3.5 pounder. I use a 12" for turkey up to 18 pounds and a 14" for a turkey over 18.5 pounds.

Not a problem for me since I have so many Dutch ovens.

Thanks Dave I'll have to remember that but don't have one.
icon_sad.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky