They’re Back!!! (After 17 Years)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
NOTICE:
OK guys---Bear Jr tested the Noise these Cicada make, from his back Deck, above the pond. He measured them to be 75db.
He measured his vacuum cleaner @ 73db.
Sustained 80db to 90db may cause hearing loss.

Bear
Hmmm... Kill the bastards. Oh wait the heat wave might take care of that!

Hmmm... Kill the bastards. Oh wait the heat wave might take care of that!

They love the heat.

Right now, looking out my big front windows, they look like Hundreds of miniature helicopters flying all over the place!!!

Bear

Oh how I hate the sound of cicadas. Had to put up with them when I went through Army Basic Training at Fort Jackson, SC in 1975. I recall the Drill Sergeants telling us, "If it gets too bad, put your hearing protection on." It didn't help much, especially when you could feel it in your body.

Oh how I hate the sound of cicadas. Had to put up with them when I went through Army Basic Training at Fort Jackson, SC in 1975. I recall the Drill Sergeants telling us, "If it gets too bad, put your hearing protection on." It didn't help much, especially when you could feel it in your body.

Yup!!
We can't hear much from inside our Log House, because the logs are 8" thick.
However I can hear these damn Cicadas, even with my TV on, and me being more than Half-Deaf !!

Bear

I'm sure you'll get yours soon enough, Jim!!
been waiting for them bear but i just read in the newspaper this morning that they aren't around this far north, they were saying that southern Lackawanna county is basically the furthest they are and they have been spotty there, do ya think ya can mail me a bag or two of them i was really looking forward to a plate of them :emoji_wink: ,

been waiting for them bear but i just read in the newspaper this morning that they aren't around this far north, they were saying that southern Lackawanna county is basically the furthest they are and they have been spotty there, do ya think ya can mail me a bag or two of them i was really looking forward to a plate of them :emoji_wink: ,

Better get them soon!!
I rarely leave the house, but Mrs Bear said no Noise this morning.
Could be all the rain we had over night, but It's Always Raining around here!!!
Maybe They're busy packing their little Bags!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky