thermometers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dmack

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Iowa
I have now collected a few thermometers. I made the mistake of buying a couple cheapies and have problems with each thermometer sending its signal to other monitors. Last weekend we had a couple people using the same type of thermometer. So, we had questions about whose temp we were seeing on our monitors. I have actually had mine blink back and forth between my chamber and meat temps. Not too bad if you don't have anybody else using the same temp.
I'm actually thinking about buying a probe type thermometer for my meat temps and using my others just for chamber temps. Is the thermapen (?) worth the money? I see I can get it for $74 before shipping. Is there anything else out there that works as well for less money?

dmack

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky