thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scruffy

Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
I just bought my first smoker. Propane two door Master Built. Here's my question: Lowe's has a probe thermometer that I looked at. The probe is attached with a plastic covered wire. The back of the box specifically says not to pinch the wire. Before I go drilling a hole in the new smoker for the wire, can someone tell me if the pinch from the smoker door will actually be an issue? Haven't even taken the smoker out of the box. I don't see a flat cord on any thermometers that are suggested on the site (Taylor). Is a special hole for the wire just a fact of life when using it in a smoker? 

Just feed the wire down thru the exhaust vent in the top of your smoker, No drilling required.

icon_cool.gif

Heck what is a 1/4" hole going to do toa smoker. Heck I drilled 2 holes in mine. oh yea welcome to SMF there Scruffy

Last edited:
That's was my thinking too....of course I begin the modification process for everything with a hammer, drill or duct tape....thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky