Thermometer Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

msujohn

Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I'm looking to buy a cheap thermometer that I can use to monitor my temperature inside my smoker. I currently have a maverick - 2 probe but typically smoke multiple pieces of meat. My MES digital thermometer is not accurate at all - so I'm looking for a cheap option that I can use to monitor the temp inside my MES? It doesn't have to be wireless or anything. What would you recommend? I know that I could buy another Maverick ET -73 for $40, but was looking for other cheaper options, if possible.

I just bought a Taylor Tru Temp model 3518N for only $15. I am using it to get me by until the wireless, two probe unit I ordered comes in. I figured I could use it as a secondary to the nicer one once I get it.

Maybe something like that would work for you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky