Thermo and question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jangles

Original poster
Nov 13, 2013
Marana , Az
I have two questions for you smokers. 1 Where do I put the probe for my bbq temp , I have a Maverick Redi check  and an analog MES .

2 Thanksgiving it was chilly here but not cold and my Turkey was done in half the time it should have taken and was dry . Do they smoke or cook faster in cold temp or did I have my bbq temp probe in the wrong spot ? It was in the upper left hand rear corner of my smoker. I think that's probably the culprit as it's the coldest part of the smoker and the last place to reach temp ???

I am going to give another Turkey a shot on Christmas day and would appreciate any and all input! It's a 16 pounder if that helps.

Thx in advance for any replies.

I have two questions for you smokers. 1 Where do I put the probe for my bbq temp , I have a Maverick Redi check  and an analog MES .

2 Thanksgiving it was chilly here but not cold and my Turkey was done in half the time it should have taken and was dry . Do they smoke or cook faster in cold temp or did I have my bbq temp probe in the wrong spot ? It was in the upper left hand rear corner of my smoker. I think that's probably the culprit as it's the coldest part of the smoker and the last place to reach temp ???

I am going to give another Turkey a shot on Christmas day and would appreciate any and all input! It's a 16 pounder if that helps.

Thx in advance for any replies.
I put my chamber probe on the grate next to whatever is cooking as the temp in that specific area is what I'm concerned with.   I have a couple of dual probe Mavericks, so I'll often read the chamber temps in a couple of places to make sure that one side isn't hotter than the other, or to see if the temps are different from one shelf to another.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky