The Stars Have Aligned

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

osu redneck

Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Hi All,

I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.
icon_biggrin.gif
For a little quick background, I live in Ohio and have been a stay-at-home Dad for about 5 1/2 years now. Before my wife and I had our son I was just starting to get into low and slow with my Char-griller with the side fire box. I loved it all, except the constant attention the fire box took due to my learning curve.

Anyhow, that fell to the backburner after our son...until recently. Just the other day my wife said "Honey, we have a little extra money with the taxes. Why don't you get back into barbecue like you used to? Get rid of all the junk you have and go out and get whatever you need to get back into it again.
icon_eek.gif
confused.gif
mod.gif

I didn't have to be told twice. The stars don't align like that often. Here's what I came back with and have been working on since that glorious day!

Looking forward to being part of the group!
Eric
92e43422_vbattach24616.jpg

A Char-griller AND an Ugly Drum Smoker!!! So what'cha gonna cook in them for their maiden smoke??

Welcome to SMF and Enjoy!

Welcome to SMF Eric. Does your wife have single sister like that? Man, talk about catching a break. Glad to have you with us & I hope you enjoy many of good smokes. Be sure to share with qview & we look forward to your posts. Jump in with any of those questions you may have. Have fun now.

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

There is a fairly good Ohio contingent here, where abouts are you from?

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome OSU. Where bouts in Ohio ya from? I'm east-central about 50mi west of the W.Va and Pa. state lines.
Glad have ya here.
Fire up the printer and learn copy & paste cause there is a lot of info here.

--ray--
(0||||0)

First off welcome Eric to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are abunch of good folks here that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking. We really like to have newbies here because they can bring in a new propective to how things are done. There's nothing like a new set of eyes to give and new way to make things that little differant to make things alittle better. So I hope you know about the Qview here.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
Here's a link to photobucket it's free and easy to download pictures. Then if your really new to smoking Look up the E-course.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=127
It's also free and it will give you the basics of smoking. So after all of that you just need to go grab something to smoke and if you have any question just post them here and we will answer it quickly so you don't have any mishaps with your smoke.
Welcome To Your New Addiction

Thanks for the welcome!

To answer a few of the questions: I live in Reynoldsburg just outside of Columbus. My wife's two sisters are all married up and I doubt those words would be uttered by either one of them.
icon_smile.gif
I got the cool one!

Rest assured pics will be forthcoming. Dylan and Spongebob just don't have the appreciation for low and slow that all of you have.
icon_wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky