"The Red" Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pullinmypork

Original poster
Jun 28, 2013
I just read JJ's Finishing Sauce and thought I would throw one out there. I'm new to this whole thing and don't like to step on toes, but I made one a couple of months ago and cannot keep it in the house. My family and friends and co-workers are begging me for the recipe, but since they don't grill or smoke they won't see this:) If you try it and like it, please let me know. I know it is generic but I found other uses for it.

1 Cup                           Apple Cider Vinegar

1 1/2 Cup                     Ketchup

1 Tablespoon                Ground Thai Pepper(My neighbor grows it for me)

2 Teaspoon                  Worcestershire Sauce

1/2 Cup                        Brown Sugar

1 Tablespoon                Favorite Hot Sauce(I like Texas Pete)

2 Teaspoon                  Kosher Salt

Mix Well

Simmer for about 20 Min

I call it "The Red" because of the deep red color I get, plus I like the song.

I use this with my PP but like I said, I found another use for it. I was out of sauce the other day when I was making up some Spare Ribs. I pulled this out of the fridge and warmed it up on the grill. Then basted the ribs, both sides, during my low and slow every 1/2 hour until the ribs were finished. Not much to it. If you want to try it give me some insight please. Thanks for looking

I really like the flavor of ground Thai Pepper and like I said I get all I can handle. I will be getting several pepper plants from him ranging from Thai to the "Trinidad Scorpion". Maybe I'll try to make Acid Rain with that. 

This sauce turned out really well when basting the meat, just before I pull from the grill I go directly over the coals and get a real nice caramelizing on the meat. This combo with the rub I use is fantastic. Sweet and Spicy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky