The one thing ya don't do....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 7, 2010
augusta ga
after handling jalapeno's is ................ say it with me...............everybody at once.......................

YA DON'T TOUCH YOUR EYES!!!!!

But guess who did? Guess who is an idiot? Guess who is crying like a little school girl right now? Guess who is curled up in a fetal position in the corner calling for her mommy?

I actually have a pretty amazing dinner going on that I am BLINDLY photographing to post after I get home from the emergency room. LOL, not really going and I'm doing much better, except for the being an idiot part of the whole thing. NO MORE WINE FOR ME. Okay, let's not get carried away.

Just thought I'd share my dumb arse moment.

Love,

The Blind Squirrel

f8a05ce0_blind%20squirrel.jpg

Yep i learned the HARD way to wear gloves when handeling peppers.

cool.gif

Yes the whole hands in the eye trick is a pretty bad one but you have never went to the bathroom without washing your hands really good have you??? The eyes get better pretty darn fast with all the tears and things.Sorry for the pain and suffering. but all I can say is

OUCH OH POO

IT HURTS

Last edited:
Okay, first of all I am very thankful I am not a man. OMG I just cannot imagine the pain, I mean, jeezus, I want to stab myself in the head just thinking of the pain you guys would go through if you did "that". Back to the fetal position. LOL!

I haven't poked my eyes after doing peppers, yet, But... 

I was truly freaked when, wearing gloves and cleaning some, juice squirted directly into my eye. I had read extensively on this forum (hence, the gloves), and was expecting agony. 

A few blinks. No rubbing! A little burn...But.. It wasn't bad. Probably no oils?

Having had eye issues for many years....I can imagine how your burning eyes felt!!  I hope ya feel better!

P.S. I had iLasik a couple years ago....Worst eye-burn ever!!!! 

Yes, do NOT touch your genitalia (SP).  Or try to get "frisky" with your significant other after chopping peppers.  Not a pretty scene.  I'll spare you the details.

Hope you recover soon and the dinner comes off without a hitch

Ha! Been there and done that on more then one occasion. One forgets when one is in a hurry. Another thing to avoid is when mixing habanaro pepper extracts with dips etc... In my case DA Bomb "final answer" @ 1.5 million scoville units...Rinse the mixing bowl with cold water not hot. I did this with hot water and the steam will carry the particulates up in the air and its like in hailing pepper spray. It really sucks. Gets your eyes and repitory system. The only relief if a stiff couple jack & cokes! 
icon_eek.gif
mad.gif

Ah... the wonders of the habanero... lol. Had a bad salsa day one day - no gloves, cut up 10 jalapeno's, 2 habanero's, onions, garlic, ect., ect. Was drinking water cause it was a warm day, after the third glass I really had to go pee (was doing the dance
eek.gif
), you guessed it (!) didn't wash hands till after I was done. OOOH! the burn, and habanero lingers for a loooooong time! Then as I was cooking down the salsa a bit I got a good lung full of habanero steam, was coughing for 15 minutes straight... lol.

Listen to all of us! It just dawned on me... If it does this kind of damage on the exterior when our skin comes in contact with it.... WTF are we doing ingesting it?
icon_eek.gif

Thinking back... I starting eating hot stuff then went to hotter then hotter and now I'm using extracts @ 1.5 million scoville units. Why
icon_eek.gif

Because I'm no canby A$$! Theres your answer... The Male Ego!  And the male ego has burned men men down to the ground!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Last edited:
LOL! I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only douchebag in town! LOL!

Haha Bear! That was one serious climb that wonderful day. I was so tired by the time I got down off that mountain, only to realize it had just started raining and I was riding a motorcycle. Then got back to my campsite to find out a bear (hmmm, maybe you?) had trashed the place. I loved the teeth marks in the beer cans though! A buzzed bear! LOL!

Also, one final bit of wisdom concerning what not to touch after handling hot peppers.

You can pick your friends

AND

You can pick your nose

But...

You can't pick your friends nose.

LOL! I swear I'm not drinking at 9:00 in the morning!

Yes, do NOT touch your genitalia (SP).  Or try to get "frisky" with your significant other after chopping peppers.  Not a pretty scene.  I'll spare you the details.

Hope you recover soon and the dinner comes off without a hitch
Ahhh Dude I have missed your posts my friend..  Good to see you back!

Squirrel, dont feel bad, my wife did the same thing.. 

I used to love the burn from some peppers. the hotter the better.

Now i don't want to even try a jalapeno slice.

my intestinal tract from top to bottom will give me fits for days if i eat peppers.

Haha Bear! That was one serious climb that wonderful day. I was so tired by the time I got down off that mountain, only to realize it had just started raining and I was riding a motorcycle. Then got back to my campsite to find out a bear (hmmm, maybe you?) had trashed the place. I loved the teeth marks in the beer cans though! A buzzed bear! LOL!
Could have been my teeth marks, but I did not trash the place!

Bear

LMAO  really didnt want to laugh, but the wife just did it again. Thought she washed her hands after handling aneheims from the garden, and then rubbed her eye's. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky