***The new platform and a little info***

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Will the ads be in the form of pop ups or as side bars?

There will be a ad in the header, a couple on the right side and I think one at the very bottom.

The ads will progressively get better as we bring on advertisers and manufacturers of smoking products.

Give the google ads a few days to become really relevant as they will have to crawl the site to find out what our subject matter is so they can serve up relevant material.

Should be going offline any time now.

Nervous and excited all at the same time
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

i notice some signatures are nice and neat while some like mine are all ran together..........i tried to fix it by editing my sig but it keeps comming  p the same dispite showing otherwize in the preview. no big deal just wondering why some are different.

Last edited:
i notice some signatures are nice and neat while some like mine are all ran together..........i tried to fix it by editing my sig but it keeps comming  p the same dispite showing otherwize in the preview. no big deal just wondering why some are different.
Go to your Profile page

Scroll down to You Forum Signature

Just below the content click on edit

Then

You have to click on "Source" and add a <br /> where you want the line to break

For instance:

first line<br />

second line<br />

third line<br />

fourth line<br />

fifth line

After the 5th line it will not break any further it will just run together. A great way to put more than one item on a single line is to separate them with bars (just above the Enter key).

Last edited:
^^^ what he said! :)

I'm noticing that there isn't a "code" button or BBCode that we can use to describe certain things such as HTML tags as Jerry did above.  Or am I just not seeing it?

use the "Source" Button at top left of text editor
If you're talking to me, Jeff, that doesn't work.  The < br > tag, even when enclosed in quotes, still gets interpreted as a line break and doesn't print out the code in the post like I want it to.  What I want to do is show the tag in its proper syntax inside of a post so I can help other users with their signatures and what-not.  I'm just not seeing a way to do that yet.  Normally, I would wrap it in
Code:
 tags, but that doesn't work here.

Aside from this minor thingy, I'm totally loving the new forum!  Thank you so very much. [img]https://statich.smokingmeatforums.com/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

OK.. sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to do. Its been a long day or at least that's what I'm blaming it on
icon_mrgreen.gif

I will have to ask the software platform people about this. I am not sure how to do that.

OK.. sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to do. Its been a long day or at least that's what I'm blaming it on
icon_mrgreen.gif

I will have to ask the software platform people about this. I am not sure how to do that.
Thanks, Jeff -- I know that it must have been a long one for you today!

It's certainly not a major concern.  If we can do it, fine, if not, fine.  I'm just wondering aloud.
smile.gif

I have a gallery? Are we going to be able to store pictures here now? Looks fine to me, while not perfectly familiar its not totaly alien either.

I have a gallery? Are we going to be able to store pictures here now? Looks fine to me, while not perfectly familiar its not totaly alien either.
If you go to the My Profile page and scroll down you'll see an area that says Your Albums you can create new albums there and edit the ones you have. There is a Wiki with tutorials about pictures. Oh and yea we can have our pictures stored right here and upload right from our computer without having to use a hosting site

Reputation Points is not a feature available on the Huddler platform at this time. Jeff has discussed this with them and at some point it may return but only time will tell.

Last edited:
the new forum desig will take some time to get used to, but I like it.

I like how you can turn off user signature lines like on the old platform, but I didnt like how I had to register my zip code, country, and birthdate to make any changes on that part of the profile(edit account details).

kudos for the changes.

Last edited:
That's a function of your Web browser. For most, go to "View" and there should be a "zoom" feature, or something similar.  Also, as a keyboard shortcut, using the control key and the plus (+) or minus (-) keys will increase and decrease the font on Web sites. 

It can throw off the formatting, though, which the Web page owners won't be able to change for you. Hope that helps.
Is there any way to increase the font size of post and other general information on the site for those of us who are "visually challenged" ???

Thank You!!

thx!

Go to your Profile page

Scroll down to You Forum Signature

Just below the content click on edit

Then

You have to click on "Source" and add a <br /> where you want the line to break

For instance:

first line<br />

second line<br />

third line<br />

fourth line<br />

fifth line

After the 5th line it will not break any further it will just run together. A great way to put more than one item on a single line is to separate them with bars (just above the Enter key).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky