The Mesquite Fatty Test

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
A Holler in North Iowa
Hey yall, got mommas favorite fatty on, bacon an cheese. Usin the newest variation of Smoke in the Hollar rub an a combination of mesquite wood (sent to me by my good friend) an apple wood. See how the smoke comes out, gonna be an afternoon snack durin break from all the remodelin. As yall know, yer gonna have ta wait fer the Q-view!

Usen skeet wood right now on a brisket, had a guy give me a few logs, WOW, does that stuff burn HOT

Here's the Q-View:

Just 2 hours ta smoke this one:

Here it is sliced:

The taste was excellent, used bought 5 chunks a mesquite an a good handfull a my apple chips. Good smoke, taste was excellent! It didn't last long that's fer sure!

Thanks fer the wood buddy, yall know who ya be!

Looks great sure it tasted even better!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky