1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The Hardwood Flooring Build (Need Help!)

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by 13owhunter, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Remodeling my kitchen left me with a lot of left over wood (maple) flooring and I was planning on retiring the trusty brinkman in favor of a home build anyways.

At this point, I have only glued the sides together so I still have a LOT of work to do.  

I was, originally, going to go with gas and have since acquired a heavy duty turkey fryer burner but I think I am going to opt for electric due to ease and availability of control options.  

I learned a lot with the brinkman and want the new box to operate in a similar fashion so I don't have to learn all over again.  I was planning on mounting an electric element on the bottom of the box and placing a metal pan directly on the element and using chunks to  make smoke.  My brinkman never really put out a ton of smoke but I would burn up 4 or 5 chunks the size of a golf ball for an 8 hour run time.  Does this sound right or should I try more smoke?  Another question I have is that I always filled the pan above the element with water.  Now that I think about it  I am not even sure if you are supposed to do that or not. I can say that I have been fairly successful with what I was doing before.  I have had success with jerky, backstraps, summer sausage, tons of  various roasts and even a turbaconduckin.

I can borrow the element out of the brinkman, but I would rather give it to one of my buddies if i can purchase one pretty cheap.  I'm not exactly sure what I need as far as an element or controller.  I would really like to like the temperature to be fully automated.  I'm all about "set it and forget it."

I'm a "techy" so if you know of any cool digital gadgetry that I could incorporate, please let me know.

Any insight is VERY much appreciated.

Thank you!

Once I do more work, I will keep everyone updated.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. jeffesonm

jeffesonm Smoke Blower