The Great BBQ Sauce Contest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grampyskids

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 26, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I have tried many sauces and I have yet to find one that meets my needs. What I want is a sauce that Tickles my tongue with the first bite and then puts a little bit of heat on the back of my tongue. Someone out there has a recipe to blow us all away.
SO, what do do win. The title of an apron of best BBQ sauce on SMF. Judges will be your peers, but I will be the final judge. It will take a while to make these sauces, I hope that you will help me.

I will need the help of the best of the best to Crown a champion

Sounds like a challenge, gonna have to get cracking.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

dunno bro... looks like a conspiracy to get all the folks to fess up their secret bbq sauce recipies. lol, havent seen anything "official" about it.

GrampysKids,

Our official contest guy is "Fired Up" and you will need to run this by him. He can handle this in the way that he sees fit. If you are willing to throw in a custom printed apron then I am sure you can work out something with him as far as judging and such.

I will also PM him and let him know that you will be contacting him.

Sounds like fun to me.. just need to make sure we follow a few guidelines that we have already put in place to make sure everything is fair and square.

Great idea
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Ok, I do not see any need for any sort of rules or regulations on your own sauce contest. Anyone who is willing to post their secret recipes then the more power to them. And if you are personally providing the prize then go for it. Have fun with it and let us know who's sauce you like the best. Just make sure that you post the winning recipe so that we can all share it.

best wishes

Brad

Guess grampy wasn't serious about contest

Well, instead of posting recipes, how about sending samples of the sauce to someone ? I for one, will not divulge my recipe because I'm in the beginning phases of getting it evaluated, tested & hopefully mass produced to market.

Anyone wanna have a kitchen full of sacues ?
(sorry, I'm not volunteering)

Scott

Take 1 18oz bottle of Cattlemen's Classic, add 3 tablespoons of applecider vinegar and habanero hot sauce to taste, simmer 15-20 mins. Good on pork and poultry. What do I win?

I don't mind sharing mine, here it is:

[font=&quot]¼ cup apple cider vinegar[/font]
[font=&quot]½ cup water[/font]
[font=&quot]2 tbsp sugar[/font]
[font=&quot]1 tbsp prepared mustard (I use Zatarain’s Creole Mustard)[/font]
[font=&quot]1½ tsp salt[/font]
[font=&quot]½ tsp ground black pepper[/font]
[font=&quot]¼ tsp cayenne pepper[/font]
[font=&quot]Juice of 1 thick lemon wedge (or 1 tsp)[/font]
[font=&quot]2 or more ( I use a lot more) large cloves garlic, minced[/font]
[font=&quot]Tabasco sauce (to taste)[/font]
[font=&quot]1 diced onion ( fairly large pieces, julienne is good, too)[/font]
[font=&quot]¼ cup (½ stick) butter or margarine[/font]
[font=&quot]½ cup catsup[/font]
[font=&quot]2 tbsp Worcestershire[/font]
[font=&quot]1½ tsp liquid smoke (depending on the brand, really strong ones[/font]
[font=&quot] require considerably less)[/font]

[font=&quot]In saucepan, mix vinegar, water, sugar, mustard, pepper (black and cayenne),[/font]
[font=&quot]salt, lemon, onion, Tabasco, garlic, and butter. Bring to a boil and then simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes. Add catsup, Worcestershire, and liquid smoke[/font]
[font=&quot]and return to a boil. Then keep warm, but not boiling.[/font]

[font=&quot]Makes a little less than 2 cups and can be refrigerated easily. I always have some in the refrigerator and use it as a sort of starter, whenever I make a new batch. Add the old with the catsup, Worcestershire and smoke.[/font]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky