The Gauntlet Has been thrown down!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shorts

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Ok here's what's up...I have done Pulled Pork for my local Eagles club before...using the methods I've learned here of course...and they requested I do about 200lbs possibly more depending on how it sells for the Eagles Heritage Festival Party...Told em no problem I'd love to...but you pay for the supplies and me and my wifes beer...they said no problem!!!

Well I walk into the Eagles the other night I am in the Eagles and walk up to get a fresh Strohs and some guy that I've never seen in there looks at me and says so your our competition...I'm like what??? What competition...here a local organization decided they wanted to get involved and take this over...He tells me he volunteered...this week...to do pulled pork but they told him they already had somebody to do it...

So he start quizzing me...who much meat can you cook at a time...I said..I can smoke about 80-100lbs at a time...so then he says well I've got a roaster I can do the whole shoulder at once...I said ok...but that's not Q...Well then he asks what I use...boston butt...I said I can do the shoulder but some of that can end up coming out as a ham...oh no I was wrong...I asked him where he got his rub from...what rub???? Imagine that...I asked about his finishing sauce...what's that??? And he does Q on the side...yeah right!!! Well now they are doing battered chicken deep fried and he says he's going to kick my butt in sales...

Well I'm gonna put out some of the best butt with the best sauces I can get from the great SMF team and kick is A$$!!!!!

Sorry for the rambling...he just kind of pissed me off...I've been planning this for 2 months now!!!!!

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Translated.....kick his butt
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Some folks sure can be arrogant. Smoke those pork butts your way and all that left over,greasy poultry will have to be turned into chicken salad and frozen for some poor bast*** in the future. Good luck.

Thanks Gang!! I'm gonna put out some of my best PP!!! There's gonna be a lot of chicken hitting the fan!!!!!

load that smoker up and take that ol boy to the woodshed!! he'll end up toteing your wood!! man who would even want that chicken over real q? you got this give him what for!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

If he is such a great Qer then why fry the chicken? We need some creative cat calls to throw at em during the day.

"Hey Colonel, where's your suspenders?"

Best of luck.

I am sure you product is better..........but you never know.........whole lot of people don't know good food when it hits them in the head. Any cooking contest is a crap shoot, but man, when you let the public be the judge, throw the rules out the window.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. Send the chicken man off crying.

Go get 'em shorts! I wish I lived closer - I'd voulenteer to be on your cook team for free (well, maybe for beer..) just to be up close and personal to see that arse bag pack up his deep fryer!

Good point , it may come down to the different sauces you have for folks to try.
wink.gif
Mayby a sampler dish for each with a cracker , bread or pretzel for a taste test.

With the knowledge here you can do it.

Good luck!!

Hope for rain, that will piss off any deep fryin idiot!

Better yet, just stay calm, quiet and collectively kick butt with your pork. Don't let him get to ya. And when he comes over askin questions, tell em that ya got a recipe with 11 herbs and spices, and its finger lickin good!
icon_smile.gif

What a boner! take him down bud!

I think I might also have a word with the powers that be at the eagles who flim flammed ya in the first place. Screw the beer, now its gotta be expenses and mixed drinks(top shelf).
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Thats...Speak softly, and carry a big stick...burner!

So he goes from "pretending" to smoke world-class Q to frying chicken. Kinda like wanting a filet but settling for a hotdog.
Go blow him away!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky