The duck, The thanksgiving, and the wood???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fuse

Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
We'll my contribution to T-day is gonna be a smoked duck. It's presently in it's brine that Dutch (thank you) posted http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=10653

So now i'm at an impass...what wood to use. I've got plenty of apple and cherry on hand. I'm leaning towards apple however looking for thoughts on cherry.

So, what do yas think?

I'd use both ... enjoy!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Use the cherry.... because that's what I want to use for my Christmas bird and I"d love to hear how well it goes! :-) I've used pear on poultry in the past and it's good...

I would use a mix of the two. Using all cherry will make for a darker skin if that is what you want.

Here is a pic of two ducks I did last xmas.

p.s. only time I ever had a grease fire in my bandera smoker was when I did ducks. you realy have to watch that duck fat!
6c97dda5_vbattach15722.jpg

Thanks all... I'm goin for both. I'll be postin' pics when its ready.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky