The Bishop has arrived!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by bishop916, May 24, 2008.

1. Hey everyone!
    I have found this site to be everything I have been looking for as far as a friendly source of info re: all things smoke...

I have been enjoying the smoked BBQ style of cooking for altogether 12 years or so...
    I have gone from R2D2 style bullet-smoker to large-grate grill. I am currently on a GAS [​IMG] grill w/ smokebox,..
    (but I look at the Food Network BBQ cookoffs, etc and man I gotta get me all that smoke! ~ I mean - gas is easy, lazy-q but the smokebox won't generate the volumes of smoke I crave....)

As a gift to myself for cleaning up the yard I'm rolling up a Brinkmann SnP, that should get it started in the right direction!

Here's looking to good fellowship and good eats!

2. flyboys

flyboys Smoking Fanatic

Hey Bishop, welcome to the site. I should start rewarding myself for yardwork, I like that idea.

3. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

A fellow foodnetwork bbq cookoff junkie!!
    Yep that is what hooked me, my first attempt at smoke was a suckling pig 2 day smoke feast on an above ground homemade pit...
    Darn that show!

4. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Bish, i like your reward system. I think i've been doing that also but never realized i was rewarding myself. I feel so much better after you put it in that perspective. You've made my day. Now i know what to tell wifey when see questions me next time.

5. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome, you are in heaven here.

6. coyote

coyote Master of the Pit

welcome to de club..

7. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the smf................