the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krusher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 31, 2008
rocky mount, virginia
I got this recipe a few years back and they are by far the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had, they are time consuming, but is'nt smoking meat? Besides you can do it while you'r smokin and have a delicious desert.

I am going to throw in some pics just for the fun of it, here are the ingredients:

***Dough***
2 packages active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
2/3 cup sugar, PLUS1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup warmed milk
2/3 cup butter
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
7 cups flour, or more if needed
***Filling***
1 cup melted butter, divided
1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1 1/2 cup raisins, optional
***Creamy Glaze***
2/3 cup melted butter
4 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 tablespoons hot water, more as needed

!!!!!!a little trick to get dough to rise good is to crank up the oven to 400 degrees for ONE minute, turn the oven off and this will make it about 80 degrees inside the oven which is supposedly the best temp to get dough to rise.!!!!!

and here are the directions:
In a small bowl mix together warm water, yeast and sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining 2/3 Cup sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs; stir well and add yeast mixture. Add half the flour and beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is slightly stiff (dough will be sticky). Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 5-10 minutes. Place in well-buttered glass or plastic bowl, cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hours. When doubled, punch down dough and let rest 5 min. Roll out on floured surface into a 15x20" rectangle.

Filling: Spread dough with 1/2 Cup melted butter. Mix together 1 1/2 Cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins, if desired. Roll up jellyroll-fashion and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12-15 slices. Coat bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan and a 8 inch square pan with remaining melted butter, then sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pans. Let rise in warm place until dough is doubled in bulk, about 45 min. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until rolls are nicely browned. Cool rolls slightly.

Creamy Glaze: Meanwhile, in med. bowl, mix melted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla; add hot water 1 Tablespoon at a time until glaze reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.

here is the yeast sugar and warm water, it should always get foamy after a few minutes

here is the yeast and sugar milk mixture combined, no flour yet:

make sure you sift the flour:

here is the dough in the glass bowl sprayed well so it wont stick to the sides:

I'll have some more pics as the day goes, the dough is in the oven rising right now.

suppose I could use the breadmaker for the dough :-)

I love fresh cinnamon rolls.

Yeah if I cut that recipe in half it'll work no problem :-)

Right then where's that 'print recipe' button.

here are some more pics, I just got done rolling them up and slicing them. Going in the oven to rise before baking

here is what the dough looks like after it rises, if you let it go the full hour and a half it will spill over the sides:

all rolled out with butter and cinnamon :

all rolled up:

here they are ready to rise some more:

here they are now that they are done and iced, I cant wait to eat one, I'm gonna let them cool a little and then enjoy.

Smoking meat is gratifying Right.
But so is working with yeast. When you wind up with a delicious finished product it makes you feel like a rockstar. Those cinnamon rolls look great. Way to conquer the elements.

nice, REAL nice............only thing that would be better, is a sticky pecan bed that them rolls would sit in........flip it over after its dun.......NIRVANA

I am gonna do this!

We are being told that we will not work anywhere near as much overtime this winter because of budget constraints!

I can see a batch of those cinnamon rolls following up a great breakfast of eggs, Canadian bacon, homefries and fresh brewed coffee on a minus 30 morning! With excellent company, of course!

Cheers!

thanks for all the good comments, I'm tellin you , once you have tried these, it will spoil you for all others. Hope you all enjoy them.

My grandmother used to make homemade cinnamon rolls whenever we visited. Those look just as delicious!!! I haven't quite got the patience, but am saving the recipe for when I do. After seeing those, it may be soon.

Thanks for sharing the recipe krusher! They look yummy! I will be trying a batch of cinnamon rolls. Points to you.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

thanks for the points! there is no doubt , when you make them you'll see the ones you liked to get in the store, and they won't look so good anymore.

Krusher, those look great!! I know I couldn't wait till they cooled off. Gotta show this to the wife and give them a try. Thanks!

Well, krusher, you have earned a Sticky today.

Your post is picture perfect, literally!

Thank you for sharing this with all of us and for taking the time to make such a great post!

Cheers!

thank you monty! that is definately a big pat on the back!! I hope everyone enjoys them as much as my family and friends. If anyone has any questions just shoot me a p.m. and I'll try my best to help you.

Thanks for the recipe..makeing them today,,,,,daughter and I bake bread and cinn rolls.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky