• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The BBQ Gun Thread

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
I don't own a .40 but have a boat load of once fired brass. That's a cartridge I would really like to reload. The Glock 22 gen 4 is one of the very few I would consider. Talon grips and smooth trigger face would be 'Perfection' to me.
Nice piece there Jake.
.40 is my favorite round. This is my recliner pistol. And I love using talon grips on Glocks especially. Obviously adds a nice grip but also dresses them up a bit.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
I kick my self now for not buying one of those when I had the chance.
It is probably the most natural and fastest shouldering and best point/snap shooting rifle I've had or had the pleasure of.
I'd love to have one in 5.56, but that would take a complete redesign.

Last edited:

negolien

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 1, 2020
Showed my Ruger Alaskan but here is my fav piece to be honest. .308 Savage Ashbury toped with Zeiss glass. I Couldn't find a butt stock that I liked so I just took the stock one and did what we been doin for 40 years lol. Cheek Eze and electrical tape to the rescue /snicker. She's a real tack driver for sure.
Savage with rest.jpg

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
In the 90's I took Deer with a Thompson Contender in 30-30. If I was still hunting, that 460 would be my choice. So pretty and can get the job done with rounds to spare!...JJ
They designed and built this beast right. Is very mild to shoot, very controllable, my wife likes shooting the factory 200g loads. The 250 and 300g. Loads are stout, but still very comfortable. Is a real good hunting pistol as well as Bear protection.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.