The bacon test

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scotty

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Lecanto Florida
I found these photos on a Brittish website dedicated mainly to sausage making. It is amazing how many sites are dedicated to particular things.
I'm looking for a website dedicated to gigginy one legged red frogs.

tHIS GENT TOOK THE TIME TO FRY AND PHOTOGRAPH HOME MADE BACON WITH A SLICE OF COMMERCIAL BACON. hE ALSO ADDED CAPTIONS WHICH MADE THE TEST EVEN MORE ENJOYABLE (( oops caps LOL LOL)))

The UK Bacon Boxing Challenge:

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/slowpoke59ds/MAKIN BACON/

lol Nobody can steal your honour - you have to give it away ;-)

Anyway. You americans will notice that the bacon in question isn't 90% fat.
What most americans call bacon we brits call 'streaky' bacon on account of the fatty layers. It's the cheapest nastiest bacon in the shops and most of us won't touch it with a barge pole.

I was talking to a guy the other day who used to be a serious chef, as I'm seriously considering having a go at making bacon. He reckons bacon is made from the loin of the pig. And as it's already been taken for bacon you just never see it for sale in the shops. Which accounts for why I've never seen a pork joint the same shape as english bacon.
But don't see why you can't make bacon from any cut of pork - shoulder for example.
It's a thought.

Hey don't be bustin' our bacon! It's an art form here! And BTW look up "buckboard bacon" Or Canadian bacon or... well you get the pict. I STILL love my belly bacon..streaky or not :{)

Streaky goop tastes better too
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Heeeeeeey. Grease tastes great man. If you don't like the streaky bacon as you call it, you are cooking it wrong.

Course, it could be why we have health problems so much.

Even so,

When I die, I want to have bacon on my breath.

Rich, I am weary of europeans thinking we are stupid.

Maybe he will mock our sausages because we dont add sawdust
eek.gif
to them like they do to thier bangers
icon_smile.gif

Oh you say its not sawdust but rusk. Perhaps lol lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky