Thanksgiving Pheasant

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doggone bbq

Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Colorado
Last year I oversmoked two pheasants on Thanksgiving so I'm trying something different this year.  I set up the Weber Kettle (too cold and windy for the SFB) at about 215, threw on some well-soaked alder and got some good smoke going.  I put two birds on for only an hour.  They are now in the crock pot for the night and smell great.  I'm hoping for a little better success this year!

Pheasant turned out great.  Good smoke flavor even after 18 hrs in the crock pot.  Will do this again.  One of the better pheasants I've eaten in my life. 

I have a whole bunch of points for the post but....no pictures...sigh.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad it all turned out great. Pheasant is something I want to try soon.

icon_cool.gif

Now the whole pheasant sounds really good and all but I would really like to see what they look like.

Sorry, no QView of these, no excuses, just didn't take any.  Phesants were skinned and cut into pieces before they went on.  Nice pink color when they came off the smoker and after the crock pot, they were great.  I'll take a few pics next time, and after all the different ways I've cooked birds, this one will definetly be repeated..      

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky