Thanksgiving in July? Sort Of...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bacon_crazy510

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
St Charles, MO
I'm not much of a turkey fan, but if you put a good, roasted yardbird in front of me? Keep your fingers out of the way!

I started by brining a local, pasture raised fresh chicken for a day. I pulled it out of the brine and let it air dry for several hours. I whipped up my mom's old stuffing recipe, rubbed the bird down with clarified butter, and then seasoned it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I put in in the Yoder that was set at 350F, and it took about an hour and 20 minutes to come to temp.

It didn't get the color I wanted, but man was it moist, tender, with just the right hint of smoke. I served it up with a little gravy on both the stuffing and chicken.

Nom nom.

thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail-1.jpeg
thumbnail-2.jpeg
thumbnail-3.jpeg

I'd be all over that dish, looks wonderful in a comfort food kind of way, Like! RAY

Love them, we get the Butterball breasts & SV them for 6 hours at 132 At least once a week. Maybe I will cold smoke one first then SV it next time.
Yours looks delicious!!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky