Thanks to the fatty gods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bloomingtonbbq

Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Seriously - a couple of days ago, I had never heard of a fatty. Doing research on which smoker to get, I came to these forums for personal experiences with different equipment (I finally got the small GOSM). While looking through the site, I came across the name "fatty" - still clueless on what the heck they were. But then I found the pics and the incredible variety of fatties, and of course, the fatty throwdown. Wow!!

I broke in my smoker yesterday - a decent first effort with a pork butt. And I had to try my first fatty. All I had in my fridge was some simple breakfast sausage, so I filled it with cheese, scrambled eggs, and sauteed vegetables.
eek.gif
WOW!!

I need to work on my rolling technique (no blowout, but very uneven roll), but I know that everytime I start that smoker from now on, there will be at least two fatties in there along with whatever else I'm cooking. After all, they don't take up much room. Plus, if I actually plan ahead of time, with some of these tremendous ideas posted by the more experienced, there'll be some good eats at my house.

To the inventor of the fatty and to those who are posting some tremendous variations - thank you, thank you, thank you!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Deja vu. I came to this site looking for more info about pork butts and brisket and how to make ribs better. But the very next thing I smoked after finding this site was a couple of fatties. I happened to join the forum in time to take part in the fatty throwdown. Definately something I will be making a lot more of.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky