Thanks for having me!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scriprp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Nashville, TN
This is my first day on this forum. Can't wait to meet some new people and learn from you "masters of the pits" out there! I would call myself a novice when it comes to smoking. I grew up smoking hams with my father. He had this old orange bullet smoker for about 15 years. Every Thanksgiving he would bring that thing out and it was my job to help prepare the wood chips and meat for the smoker. When I went to college he gave it to me and I contiuned the tradition of smoking hams every Thanksgiving except for the last 2-3 years. I miss all the preparation and time it takes to smoke a good ham, chicken etc... Just last week I purcahsed me a new CG 830 "Outlaw" with firebox. I've been a grill'n man for many years and love to cook. Thought, I would upgrade the old bullet for an offset. I currently reside in Nashville, TN and have been here for about 12 years working in Construction Mgt.. I'm originally from Alabama...Roll Tide! Glad to be on here again and can';t wait to start soaking up all the knowledge!

Welcome to SMF. Glad to have you as part of the forum. Check out the 5 day ecourse and dont forget we like pictures.

Welcome to the SMF, yer gonna love it here. Great bunch of people and very helpful !!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

First off welcome to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are alot of good people here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Since you have some experiance with smoking you can skip a couple of steps and go right to running to the market and get something and bring it home and smoke it. If you have any questions let us know and we'll help you. Then grab the camera and get to snapping Qview (pictures) we like them. So sit back enjoy the site we do.
Welcome To The Addictions.
Then we can talk about that roll tide thing.

Welcome Scrip, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly members.

Be sure to check out Jeff's 5Day Smoking Basics eCourse, you can find it here it's "FREE"...5 Day e Course

Everyone here enjoys seeing the qview so be sure to post plenty.

Thanks for the welcome! Heck of a game last year...too bad we lost...and then to Utah! Any advice on sealing up smoke seepage. Just got a new CG 830, and couldn't hold temp.? It went up to 200* for like 10 mins. then, back down to 150* - 175*. Stove or fireplace gasket?

hey Scriprp, welcome again!!! Spend some time reading all the great info on here and take it slow to start. You'll be one of them "masters of the pits" like you mentioned before you know it.

Thanks for the introduction, and welcome to the SMF. It's a fun summer, keep it smokin'.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky