Thanks Daveomak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC Buck

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
MO
We finally finished eating the green ham I cured using Daveomaks help and cure recipe. Taste was excellent but might try 1% salt instead of the2% the recipe calls for. Dad is needing to cut down on his salt intake. Next cure will be a venison round and try doing a hart for the smoker.

We finally finished eating the green ham I cured using Daveomaks help and cure recipe. Taste was excellent but might try 1% salt instead of the2% the recipe calls for. Dad is needing to cut down on his salt intake. Next cure will be a venison round and try doing a hart for the smoker.

BC Buck, Thanks for the note... I'm cutting back more and more on salt... Seems everything tastes salty any more.... I've been making a few of these "small hams"... Pork sirloin roast or loin roast is about my size... The pasteuriztioin table is aces for getting a great texture...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky