Thanks ALX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunsmoke13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 7, 2008
Got home today and had a package from ALX aka Alex. Man a box full of peppers. Peppers look awesome. Thanks Alex. You are the man. Anyone have any good recipes for some Chile Rellenos?

Beautiful peppers! Good deal....did Alex send you the can of beer too? What a guy!

biggrin.gif

Basic green chile sauce-YOU can add other seasonings!!!!

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 minced garlic clove
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 cups chopped green chile
1/2 cup chopped tomato,fresh or canned
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
salt

Cook onion in hot oil a few minutes,then add garlic and cook until soft.Stir in flour,cook 2 minutes,then slowly add stock.Add chile,tomato and cumin.Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes,stirring occasionaly.Add more stock or water if becomes thick during simmer.Salt to taste.Makes approx 3 cups.

I use this sauce in things like green enchiladas,chicken enchiladas.

1 recipe of green chile sauce
1 dozen corn tortillas
oil for frying
1-1 1/2 cups cheese of choice

Fry tortillas till soft,not crisp.
Drain on paper towels.Place tortilla flat on microwavable plate and cover with chile sauce.sprinkle on cheese.repeat on next tortilla allowing 2-3 tortilla layers per plate.Heat on medium in microwave for 1-2 minutes or untill cheese melted...

One version of rellenos

8 fresh roasted green chiles.Seed by making a slit down one side, but keep stem on.
8 strips mexican type cheese.1/2 inch squarex 3 inches long
oil for frying
Batter:
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 cups green chile sauce heated or any salsa

Heat 1 inch oil in a heavy skillet.Stuff each chile with strip of cheese and close by lapping edges.Whisk egg in a large flat bowl,then add milk flour-mix untill smooth.Dip chile by holding by stem(i had to cut yours a bit for the box)Drop in hot oil and fry till golden brown.They cook quickTurn and brown other side.Drain on paper towel and serve immediately.Top with warm green chile or salsa-4 servings....

Just for the record that is a 16 oz. beer for scale purposes. I am roasting some up right now. Alex didn't send me the beer, but am enjoying one while working in peppers. Thanks again Alex...

Those peppers are almost too pretty to cook - LOL
Nice score - Alex - awesome peppers

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky