Thank You Veterans!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Thornton, CO
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all  .

A big Thank You to all those who have served and kept this country free so that my family and I can say this loud and proud.  As a nation we are in your dept.

God Bless you all.

Mark

A Thank You shout out to all our SMF Vets (and non-SMF Vets) and family members of Vets who make out wonderfull way of life possible. Prayers for the loved ones on current duty and thanks for those who have served.
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Thanks to all that have served. We thank you for protecting our freedoms

icon_cool.gif

Amen Brother and you really can't say anything else. You put it out there perfectly.

Gotta say it again.

Amen !!  And a big Thank You.

To all the men and women retired and still serving.

You all are the ones that make it all happen.

Thanks.

As a current active duty member of the Air Force and a veteran of both Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, I would like to thank all those who took time out of their busy day to thank those veterans.  I really wish I could have thanked you all sooner, but with the change of station to Italy, my timing has been thrown off with the time change.  I hopeI can speak for all those veterans though when I say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

As a current active duty member of the Air Force and a veteran of both Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, I would like to thank all those who took time out of their busy day to thank those veterans.  I really wish I could have thanked you all sooner, but with the change of station to Italy, my timing has been thrown off with the time change.  I hopeI can speak for all those veterans though when I say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Thank you is all I can say.   I truly wish I could shake each and every one of your hands.  Keep your head down over there.  The women over there are dangerous!  LOL  Last time I was in Milano in 2001, I almost didnt make it out! 

Thank you is all I can say.   I truly wish I could shake each and every one of your hands.  Keep your head down over there.  The women over there are dangerous!  LOL  Last time I was in Milano in 2001, I almost didnt make it out! 
Lol, they're not as dangerous as the driver's I've encounted so far!  They might be able to cook great food and make outstanding, cheap wine, but they certainly can't drive!

Ooooh.... Italy I have always wanted to eat my way through the Tuscan region
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
The food is absolutely amazing! I'm in the north-central part of the country, but have plans this spring do hope on the trains and travel the country.

LMAO  You are not kidding there!  I drove a company car from Switzerland into Italy.  Once in Italy I felt like a 15 year old on his first drive on an interstate.  Scared to death!  What we consider to be a 2 lane road had three abreast with mopeds bouncing off your mirrors while sqeezing by.   Between that and the endless toll roads..  I promised myself if I go back to Italy it will be by train.

BTW if you make it to Paris, avoid driving there too.  The cab rides are scary enough!  The phrase "If you dont like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalks" applies there. 

Lol, they're not as dangerous as the driver's I've encounted so far!  They might be able to cook great food and make outstanding, cheap wine, but they certainly can't drive!

LMAO  You are not kidding there!  I drove a company car from Switzerland into Italy.  Once in Italy I felt like a 15 year old on his first drive on an interstate.  Scared to death!  What we consider to be a 2 lane road had three abreast with mopeds bouncing off your mirrors while sqeezing by.   Between that and the endless toll roads..  I promised myself if I go back to Italy it will be by train.

BTW if you make it to Paris, avoid driving there too.  The cab rides are scary enough!  The phrase "If you dont like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalks" applies there. 

I was the same way when I picked my vehicle up and had to take the Autostrada home (Autostrada is the Italian version of the Autobaun for those who might not know).  What makes it worse for me is that I brought the van over here, so I take up more road than most drivers.  In order to get to work, I have to take a back road that is the standard "2" lane road by Italian standards, but is actually a 1 lane road.  It's not fun when you're going down the road and all of the sudden a bus tries coming around the corner and you have no where to go!  But I've been learning to drive w/ no fear, and I must admit, my van rides pretty smooth at 90 mph!

On the Paris note though, I have absolutely no desire to head there.  Never wanted to and never will....

I was the same way when I picked my vehicle up and had to take the Autostrada home (Autostrada is the Italian version of the Autobaun for those who might not know).  What makes it worse for me is that I brought the van over here, so I take up more road than most drivers.  In order to get to work, I have to take a back road that is the standard "2" lane road by Italian standards, but is actually a 1 lane road.  It's not fun when you're going down the road and all of the sudden a bus tries coming around the corner and you have no where to go!  But I've been learning to drive w/ no fear, and I must admit, my van rides pretty smooth at 90 mph!

On the Paris note though, I have absolutely no desire to head there.  Never wanted to and never will....
I spent one day there on my way through to Normandy.  I agree there is not a whole lot there.   The tower was interesting to see close up, but that was really it for me.  Normandy however was worth every hour of train time I had to spend.   You have seen your fair share of that kind of stuff, but for me the D -Day beaches were an emotional pivot for me.  I was standing in one of the bunkers overlooking Omaha beach when they happened to of played taps at the American cemetary.  I am not afraid to say I was crying like a baby.  You can watch every video about the invasion, and never have a clue until you are at that spot looking at what the soldiers had to get through.  It amazed me that most of the bunkers and entrenched stuff was not only still there, but not roped off or gated up.  You just climb hillsides and walk in.  It was a time that gave me new found respect, and a different outlook on life.  I will never forget then or now!    Thanks Again for all you do!.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky