Texas Tiger introduction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texastiger

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2013
Plano, TX
I'm new to the forum but I've gotten a lot of good info as a guest over the past year or so.

My wife (co-consumer of burnt offerings) and I live Plano, TX. I love to smoke just about anything that will smoke, although I'm not as skilled or experienced as most of you. I have a MES30 with an A-Maze-N 5X8. That works well for our kind of smoking. Most often it's a couple of slabs of ribs and a small brisket. Nothing like sitting on the patio enjoying thin blue smoke in anticipation of the finished product. 

My day job is as an engineer with an oil company here in Plano. It finances my smoking addiction. I am originally from Mississippi, where my Dad used to operate a BBQ business out of a friend's convenience store there. People came from all around to get a lunch sack of his "burnt ends". I lived in Louisiana (Baton Rouge) for about 10 years after high school, where I graduated from LSU and got my career started before moving to Oklahoma. We just moved to TX about 3 months ago and so far we really like it.Lots of great Q around here if you're in the mood to buy instead of doing it yourself. 

Steve Smith

welcome1.gif
Glad you finally decided to join us.  Now you owe us one year of pictures for not participating.
laugh1.gif

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky