• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

terrible news about Jack Daniels

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
First heard and thought it was a joke, but the noon news confirmed that the spring that feeds the distillery is at about 1/3 of what it should be. If it dries up, officials confirmed that they will cease operations, they won't bring in water from another source...
For me, it would only really afftect my apple and jack spray, for my husband, I don't know what he'll do, his drink of choice anywhere, jack and water with a lemon, gentleman jack on the rocks, jack manhatten...

starsfaninco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 2, 2006
ALRIGHT, this global warming this has gone far enough. It's one thing that the ice caps might be melting, but when it starts affecting my alchohol intake I SAY ENOUGH!!!

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 29, 2006
Spring dries up, price goes UP; proof goes down, profits go UP.
It's just good business.

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2005
You might want to consider upgrading to George Dickel (tan label). I used to be a JD fan but about 20 years ago, I found George and all has been well since.... Good stuff.

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Highly over rated I think ... I'll stick to my rum!

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
bacardi never runs dry..... so why is the rum always gone ?? me wifey says the pirate(aka me)gets into it .

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
I think I've heard of George Dickel, but not the Grouse one...exactly what are they?

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Sad movies always make me cry. Maybe we'll have to start a "Bring Jack Back" campaign.

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
For washing away summer's heat it is Bud. For enjoying a bit it is a fine microbrew, but for real pleasure I truly enjoy a fine single malt scotch whiskey.

Now I have enjoyed bourbons, rums, vodkas, gins, whiskeys of all sorts and I still go to my favorites.

Scotch Rules!

Cheers!

crownovercoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 30, 2007
I am sure I feel the same as many people do. This is concerning. JD is a cornerstone to any honest hearted alcohol consumer. I guess this would however free up some room on the shelves for more crown royal.

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m gonna have to go with Jim Beam Black, folks!

crewdawg52

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Yea, to wash socks in!
A few of my buds like Marker's Mark (I think that's what it is....still dont like whiskey
).

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.