Teriyaki-Soy-Sesame-Ginger Chicken (say that 10x fast!) grilled with some hickory

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
Decided to do some high heat grilling today, store had a good deal on chicken drum sticks. Chicken was marinated in a mix of Yoshidas Gourmet Teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and some Newmans Own sesame ginger salad dressing. Also decided to marinade some good sweet corn in zesty Italian dressing, and added a baked tatertot dish as well.

Here are the before pictures:

9dbec7da_IMG_1789.jpg

e2e870a8_IMG_1790.jpg

f04e8175_IMG_1791.jpg

..... and the after pictures.
biggrin.gif

142fc6d3_IMG_1793.jpg

059605a7_IMG_1792.jpg

eca19815_IMG_1794.jpg

Plus a plate full of happines!
sausage.gif
 Ooooh Yeeaaagh!!

0dccd881_IMG_1795.jpg

Thanks for drooling..... I mean viewing!

Reactions: meateater
Looks delicious from here, I'd accept an invite for a dinner like that!

Marinated corn, hmmm, sounds interesting, I'll have to give that a try.

Gene

Great meal you put together there Johnny. I like the marinated corn idea too. Gotta give that a try.

Looks delicious!

Marinated corn on the cob you say? Looks like I'll have to try that.

That tater tot thing is new to me too. I am assuming you do more than just mash tots into a casserole?

All looks Awesome Johnny!

I prefer nice thighs, but those are about the best looking calves I've seen in awhile!!!!   
drool.gif

Keep up the good work!

Bear

Looks delicious!

Marinated corn on the cob you say? Looks like I'll have to try that.

That tater tot thing is new to me too. I am assuming you do more than just mash tots into a casserole?
Thanks everybody! It was really good. I learned about the marinated corn thing one time on a camping trip - guy at the local grocery store told us to pull the husks back, de-silk the corn, pour on the zesty Italian dressing, pull the husks back up, wrap in foil and toss into the hot coals. Made some real tasty corn, so now I just husk it entirely and put it in the ziploc for a few hours and toss it on the heat. You don't need any other salt or butter when it is done.

Teddy... the tatertot thing is basically this: mix 1 can cream of chicken soup w/ 1 can of milk, add 1 cup sour cream, add some grated cheese (any type), mix all that together. Pour sauce mix over tater tots in a pan and make sure all the tots are coated. Crumble some crackers and put them on top, and also dust the top with a little Old Bay Seasoning. Bake in a 350° oven till it gets bubbly - about 30 minutes.

Woot! Made the carousel finally! Thanks,and grats to the other carousel riders!
sausage.gif

looks great Johnny.... Congrats on the carousel ride......
congratulation_graphics_2.gif

I know...... I'm corny with the smiley insert...... but I'm not marinated yet........ That will be tomorrow

Thanks again guys & gals  
biggrin.gif

I found it kind of funny my first carousel ride was from somthing I high heat grilled instead of slow smoked..... lol.

Congrats on the merry go round. That's some good looking yard bird and I like the marinade concoction! 
icon14.gif
 POINTS! 

They look yummmmmmy. 
yahoo.gif

I get the drumsticks when they put them on sale too.  99 cent/lb around here and you get @ 20 of 'em.  They are jam up good. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky