tenderizer vs tender quick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ecodork

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Durham, NC
Variations of this topic have been covered but I don't think q has been specifically.

Is something like Adolphs Meat Tenderizer (lawry's) different than something like Mortons Tenderquick?

I think the answer is going to be "yes they're different" as the lawrys stuff uses papya enzyme to tenderize and not "cure".

Yes, they are entirely different One is papain... one is a cure.

Adolfs (spice of the gods in my place) is papain and tears down through the protien fiber (70F to 140F) carrying anything hooked to it with it.

Tender quick is not a tenderizer but a cure. Containing sodium nitrite to "cook the meat" in the traditional cure method.

Had some of your "Q" @ Garco Fairgrounds last wednesday @ flowmaster demo AWSOME!!!! nice Rig too got to see it first hand

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky