Temps of Propane Smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dwtlcambre

Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Louisiana
With a propane smoker, what temps can you vary between? Like how low can you get the internal temp and to what high?

With my GOSM Big Block, I can maintain 190* - 360*F (less on windy cold days, and more without the water pan).

with my smokevault i can easaly maintain 130-350
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

With my GOSM I have had mine as low as 140, it may go lower, I'm not sure how high it will go I've had it up around 360, and that was on a little higher the medium the dial. Of course that was also in the summer.

You can install on almost any gasser a needle valve, it will let you regulate temp's more precisely than with your stock valve.
Some unit's come with these, some don't!
wink.gif

I appreciate everyones suggestions. I am looking for one that will go as low as 125 - 130 area and up high enough to cook on. I may be looking at the smoke vault. Any suggestions as to which one anyone thinks is best?

I have the smoke vault and like it a lot. I have gotten it as low as 95 degrees on a cold (35 degrees) day. You can also shut the gas off and just use a piece or two of charcoal in the wood tray for a lower temperature.

I'm just seasoning ny GOSM big block and decided to note the temp difference within the cabinet. The smoker had nothing in it but the hardware. All therms were tested true. With the control knob on high, The top therm read 200, middle 250, bottom 300, when the bottom therm hit 400, I set the control knob to low. When it settled down, bottom was at 250, middle 225. and top at 200. That's when I added a little hickory and mesquite. I took a pic just for reference. Hopefully this will give me a chance to smoke some items at different temps at the same time. I HOPE!
613f434c_vbattach16537.jpg

I have the 24" CCSV.

I have had it over 350 degrees. Not many reasons to get it higher then that and the manufacturer doesn't recommend it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky