Temperature as a control point to determine the use of foil.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gacp

Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Bolivia (South America)
Hi all,

I want to know if you guys use the internal meat temperature to know when to apply the use of foil for a more tender and juicy meat.

I usually smoke pork ribs.

Thanks.

Hello , GACP , I know that most people will open the lid of the Smoker often as the Ribs are cooking , most likely every 45min. to an hour. However if you obtain a lignt blue smoke out of you stack , and the pit is up to cooking temp,225*F to 250*F , I like to set them in the smoker naked throughout the whole process .

You will find that if you let the lid stay closed until  4hr. , open it and if the color is what you would like , wrap them (they will most  likely fall off the bone) . I don't(except for the 4hr. bend test and check for color ) wrap mine through the whole process and on the 5th. hour I will take them out. They have a little bit of tug as they come off the bone. Just the way I like them .

Stan

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky