temp differences within ECB electric

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by flyin'illini, Dec 12, 2007.

1. flyin'illini

flyin'illini Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I am going to do two butts on Thursday. I have never done this. Is there any temp differences between upper and lower rack? I have not put thermometers in to check this but plan to. Anything else a noob should know for doing two at once? (it is for a potluck at work) I have done one just fine twice before so feel fine with that.

2. illini

illini Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hi Cousin; LOL[​IMG]

My advice is to put a probe in each bird, relax, and take the birds out as dictated by the internal temps of each bird.

Good Luck
    Marvin

Edit meant to say butt not bird, sorry

3. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

yes fly temp gonna be diff from each rack-take temp on both-maybe switch part way through-butts on rack that is

4. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Usually your top rack with be alittle hotter.

5. flyin'illini

All: Thanks! I will watch the upper rack and maybe swap them.

Illini (cuz): Let's hope for a good Rose Bowl showing. USC is tough. I-L-L...

6. Did you end up noticing a difference? The ECB owner's manual states there is little difference in temp between the two.

7. titanfan48

titanfan48 Newbie

I-N-I even though they lost. I just got a ECB for Christmas and fired it up for the first time today. Just a seasoning smoke. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

8. flyin'illini

Titan, I saw this one kind of late. For tips, look in the electric section, there is quite a bit of good info.