temp. control

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dnovotny

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
norfolk, ne
here in northeast nebraska it's been a very cold winter, lots of snow and wind... anyway i want to smoke but it been too cold i tried and water heater around smoker,,, (it's a 100lber..) tried old blanket but it just doesn't seem to come out right.. any other suggestion on keeping the heat in.. wish it was spring already ready to do some real bbq and smoking ...

A water heater blanker should do the trick. Is your smoker out of the wind?
What kind of smoker is it?

I know how it is in the cold. I'm up here in Mn, lots of while stuff on the ground and very cold today. No smokes for me till it warms a bit.

In the future, try posting your question in the category that best describes your issue. Meaning, if your using an electric smoker, post it in the electric smoker section and tell us what kind it is when you do. That way, others that may have the same unit as yours can offer some sound advice.
biggrin.gif

good idea my smoker is electric bradley 6 shelf smoker.. love it because it is hot and cold smoker.. love making smoked cheese.. i'm with you it need to warm up..

I have an MES, so a little different.

I keep mine in the garage until it's time to use it.

Then a good preheat i the winter, I take it all the way up to the 275 limit when it's really cold. This way it recovers a little easier.

If you have to much wind there are several posts on making portable wind blocks.

Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky