Tell me what yours is like?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Lafayette, Indiana
I am considering a purchase of a dehydrator before venison season fires up. :)

I can't imagine me using it more than once or twice a month.  It would need to dry most food items within 2 days. I'd rather not spend more than $100 (incl tax/shipping/etc)

I am morally opposed to using ANYTHING that requires proprietary usuable items. (MUST buy our liners... MUST buy our spray etc)  If possible, I'd like to be able to do different kind of foods at the same time?

What should I look for or look out for? What features do you love or hate? What's worth paying for and where should I erfuse to spend my hard earned dollar?

Thanks in advance!!

-Princess

I have an American Harvest Snackmaster Dehydrator.  Mine came with 4 trays, a screen,  and a solid plastic for for making roll-ups. Has a nice recipe book. I've had mine for years and love it.Couldn't tell you what it costs I got mine as a gift. My mom has a different brand and hers takes longer to do the same things as mine.

I have made jerky in mine and it turns out great. . It has a dial for the food you are doing and has the temp above it.

Hope this helps

Tori42

I had a American Harvester that pooped out on me recently. I had it for I think 10 years. It had a temp dial on it 95*-155*. I'm using the UDS now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky