• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tappaque Touch or Fireboard 2

tripleq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 13, 2016
Ive had both the originals, I got the Tappaque when it first came out with the 4 probe setup and a year or so later the fireboard with 6 probes came out so I gave my son the tappaque and I bought the fireboard. fast forward a couple of years and the fireboard is Kaputzed. Its out of warranty but Id expect something that expensive to last at least a few years...
So Im back looking and both Tappaque and fireboard have new models. Im a little gun shy about the Fireboard tho.

What say you?

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
Not familiar with those brands but Why not look into the inkbird, pretty inexpensive and they work great.

Cabo

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 10, 2019
inkbird, pretty inexpensive and they work great.
Until they don't. Mine has been through many probes and still can't be trusted. Sometimes it's pretty accurate, other times it's off 50 degrees.

oldsmokerdude

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2018
Fireboard. Period.
I've had mine since they first came out and have not had an issue at all. I would give them one more chance.

tripleq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 13, 2016
Well I own 3 inkbirds with wifi and use them to monitor and control my fermentation process. I would describe them as rudimentary, they are kludgy but adequate for that process but (in my opinion) are not in the same class as either the Tapaque or Fireboard. I went ahead and bought the new Tapaque and out of the box started having issues with the hardware and returned it and bought the Fireboard. I've been using it for two months now and Im happy with it. The fit N finish is superior and the software is easy to work with.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.