1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tailgating rigs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lucky13, Aug 20, 2010.

1. lucky13

lucky13 Smoke Blower

I don't know if anyone has done this before but.... since football (tailgating) season is upon us I thought It would be fun to see what some of the best tailgating rigs in the country were.  I'm talking grills, smokers, trailers, whatever.

I don't have a picture but a couple years back I found an old Sam Adams keg, cut a quarter off of the side for a lid and mounted it horizontally.  Fits in the receiver hitch on my pickup.  Can't smoke with it but it grills like a mother!

2. well take a pic and start this off right!!

3. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

so your gonna start a thread wanting to see pics and you dont have one? come on now?[​IMG]

4. mr mac

mr mac Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

When we tailgate at our Rams home games and a smoked meat has been requested I usually just take care of it at home and then finish it up with the resting process at the lot.  So far the only things we would even be able to do at the lot is chickens and ribs but our crew typically wants the pulled pork or brisket which certainly needs to be done at home. 

5. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

More and more I am hearing about wood and charcoal fires being banned at tailgate sites.  LSU for one has banned any open flame burning since a unattended grill burnt down a building.  Oh my!

6. mr mac

mr mac Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

And let's not forget that someone, somewhere along the line will leave a charcoal fire going in a smaller grill and slide it under their car when they head to the stadium!  [​IMG]   I personally like the smaller gas grills because they cool down so much quicker and you can always load them back in the trailer/vehicle after 30 minutes or so.  The lot we are in does still allow for charcoal grills but the guy we tailgate with are all pretty good about dousing them before they ever leave the lot!

7. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Rowdy - I bet you get great airflow in the firebox at 60 MPH! lol

Must make all them little compacts real nervous to see that in their rear-view mirror... lol.