Taco ring

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
So on Friday I posted a thread on potato, bacon, and leek soup which our son is not a big fan of...actually most soups except for chili. So this was his supper Friday night.

Started by browning 2 lbs of burger, added some onions and seasoned with our homemade taco seasoning. Don't need 2 lbs of burger but we make extra to freeze for a quick meal later.

20200124_183040.jpg

Then take a package of crescent rolls and spread out on a pizza pan

20200124_184341.jpg

Fill with seasoned burger meat

20200124_184633.jpg

Bake according to directions on package, I believe it's 12 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees

20200124_191557.jpg

Didn't take a plated shot...just imagine that piled onto our sons plate.
If the wife and I make one we usually melt cheese with it while baking then top with shredded lettuce, sour cream, and salsa. My wife adds black olives but not for me. Son just eats his plain, which I don't understand...but he also doesn't like gravy (how can that be ???).
Anyways just a quick easy meal.

Thanks for looking
Ryan

BH, Looks like a great meal!
Thank you crazymoon, and thanks for the like I appreciate it! It's quick and simple, especially on a night when you have no idea what you want as long as you have everything on hand.

Ryan

Damn Ryan!! That looks really cool. You got the cogs turning now. I love your idea of all the toppings. It'd have to have those to be a taco but that looks like an absolutely awesome start!!

Wow...just wow,
Robert

Damn Ryan!! That looks really cool. You got the cogs turning now. I love your idea of all the toppings. It'd have to have those to be a taco but that looks like an absolutely awesome start!!

Wow...just wow,
Robert
Thank you Robert! I have realized the difference between lurking and being a member...the time it takes to post! Especially with my typing skills, think I might be up to 10 wpm now, lol.

Ryan

YEAP! I’m making this for sure! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you yankee I appreciate it. Simple to make, sometimes we are at a loss for what to make even with so many possibilities.

Ryan

What's important is that your boy likes and eats it. Tho I've made gallons of soup from leftover Thanksgiving turkey about all I'll eat is the split pea soup I make, it's mostly ham. Like, RAY

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thank you Robert! I have realized the difference between lurking and being a member...the time it takes to post! Especially with my typing skills, think I might be up to 10 wpm now, lol.

I'm with you Ryan!! I lurked for a long time also for the same reason: my typing skills suck!! The two keys that get worn out the fastest on my keyboard are the back space and delete keys. Needless to say, when I do one of those lengthy threads, it takes a while :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thanks for the like Kruizer, I appreciate it!

Ryan

Nice job Ryan!
It looks like a great way to make tacos!
Al
Thanks al, I appreciate it. I think it was you that said " sometimes simple is best" , I think you might have been doing ribs maybe...but simple meals sure hit the spot.

Ryan

Sorry I am late to the party but that looks great Ryan! I like the wheel idea. We do something similar I call taco pie. Cresent rolls, taco meat, cheese, and sour cream all layered and then topped with crumbled fritos and baked. Will have to give yours a shot!

Kids are weird man. I cant get my daughter to touch much in the way of meat aside from hot dogs and chicken nuggets. Hates smoked stuff, eggs, seafood, etc... But she would sit there and eat a whole jar of pickles and a tub of feta cheese in one sitting if you would let her. Haha

Thanks smokinvol. Your taco pie sounds good, we also make a taco casserole with egg noodles but switching them out for crescent rolls and then topped with fritos sounds amazing! Good idea.

It's been fun watching our son's tastes change. Went from only liking green beans to eating carrots, also loves stir fry with broccoli and cauliflower. One night made two cups of white rice to be covered with beef stew, son came down put all the rice on his plate a little butter and soy sauce, almost needed side rails for his plate...and ate it all. We made more rice!

Enough rambling
Ryan

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky