• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

T-bones Sticky apple ribs

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
For the sauce:

1/4tsp pepper
1/4tsp paprika
1/4tsp cinamon
1/4tsp garlic salt
1 cup brown sugar ( tightly packed )
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tblsp lemon juice

Mix all above ingredients and heat over low heat till smooth, refridgerate overnight ( optional )

rub down ribs with your favorite rub ,wrap and place in fridge overnight ,if using babybacks remove the membrane,place in smoker nextday and follow 3-2-1- method using apple for smoke ,spraying periodically with applejuice.
Use sauce generously (on both sides ) or to taste when foiling along with a little splash of applejuice.
Baste with sauce both sides 2 times after removing from foil, during the set-up time ( last hour ).

This will make enough sauce to do approx 6 full slabs of babybacks,and the end result should be deliciously sticky sweet apple ribs ...
Hope you enjoy !! T-bone

gofish

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 4, 2006
Tim

That sounds like a nice twist. I will have to give it a shot for the Memorial day weekend cook. Thanks for sharing

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Wow, that does sound good!!! I got 3 more racks to try comp. rubs on but i think 1 just got volunteered for that

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 12, 2007
Man oh man does that sound good !!! Thanks for sharing !!

chrish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 2, 2007
T-bone is this like one of those marmalade recipies? I love those glazes on anything, a few in my family have it down pat and wont give it to me AARRG i hate them

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Had not thought about Cinnamon being added to sauce but it sounds great. Thanks for sharing

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
Used this sauce on this weekends ribs, it was excellent!! Acutally hubby is going to be doing a back yard comp with a bunch of our friends (men only) and is trying out some recipes. Our patrons at the VFW are loving it and they are our guinea pigs. Well he did two racks his way, I had one rack that I used my rub and this sauce...guess who won!!!

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Good for you Shell....it is a good recipe...everyone I do it for luv it also

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.