T-bones Sticky apple ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2007
N.B. Canada
For the sauce:

1/4tsp pepper
1/4tsp paprika
1/4tsp cinamon
1/4tsp garlic salt
1 cup brown sugar ( tightly packed )
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tblsp lemon juice

Mix all above ingredients and heat over low heat till smooth, refridgerate overnight ( optional )

rub down ribs with your favorite rub ,wrap and place in fridge overnight ,if using babybacks remove the membrane,place in smoker nextday and follow 3-2-1- method using apple for smoke ,spraying periodically with applejuice.
Use sauce generously (on both sides ) or to taste when foiling along with a little splash of applejuice.
Baste with sauce both sides 2 times after removing from foil, during the set-up time ( last hour ).

This will make enough sauce to do approx 6 full slabs of babybacks,and the end result should be deliciously sticky sweet apple ribs ...
Hope you enjoy !! T-bone
wink.gif

Tim

That sounds like a nice twist. I will have to give it a shot for the Memorial day weekend cook. Thanks for sharing

T-bone is this like one of those marmalade recipies? I love those glazes on anything, a few in my family have it down pat and wont give it to me AARRG i hate them
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Used this sauce on this weekends ribs, it was excellent!! Acutally hubby is going to be doing a back yard comp with a bunch of our friends (men only) and is trying out some recipes. Our patrons at the VFW are loving it and they are our guinea pigs. Well he did two racks his way, I had one rack that I used my rub and this sauce...guess who won!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky