T-Bone in the AirFryer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
T-Bone in the AirFryer

OK, I just had to try it, now that the weather is getting worse.
This is the first Steak I’ve done in my AirFryer #360.
And might as well try some Roasted Taters too, while I’m at it.
So first I marinated a nice T-Bone for a few hours in some Teriyaki Marinade.
Then cut up some Taters in little cubes to Roast with our T-Bone.
Then I put the T-bone in the Crisper Basket, and joined it with a good sized pile of Tater cubes.
After some research, I decided to try 400°, and set it to 30 minutes, to avoid an auto-stop.
I checked it at 18 minutes, and it wasn’t done yet, so checked at 20 minutes, and both the Steak & Taters were Just Right.
So I divvied up the T-Bone between Me & Mrs Bear, and took some Taters, and some Corn Mrs Bear got ready for us.
Then the next night, I trimmed all the leftover Meat from the bones, and packed it in a leftover Hot Dog Roll.
I added some Tallarico’s Cheesesteak Sauce, and some American Cheese, and had a Tasty little Cheesesteak.
Then I threw the last leftover Roasted Taters on the Plate, and I’m a Happy Old Bear.
BTW: I stopped buying T-Bones awhile back, due to always being tough, but the price was right on this one, and it wasn’t too tough.

Thanks for Stopping by,

Bear

Steak Marinating---Taters ready to go:
IMG_4355.jpg

Ready to put in:
IMG_4356.jpg

And We're off!!
IMG_4357.jpg

All Done:
IMG_4358.jpg

Inside Look:
IMG_4360.jpg

Bear's Portion:
IMG_4361.jpg

Bear's First Helping:
IMG_4362.jpg

Leftover after we both had Supper #1:
IMG_4363.jpg

Trimmed meat from bone for this Cheesesteak:
IMG_4364.jpg

Topped with Cheese:
IMG_4365.jpg

Leftover Taters on the side:

IMG_4366.jpg

Last edited:
That steak looks perfectly done! Thats my kind of food. Meat and potatoes! Another nice meal produced from your air fryer! That thing can turn out some good eats!

Looks good . Perfect temp on that steak for me . Yup , that 360 is another fun way to cook .
Nice work .

Bear that looks awesome! That airfryer really is doing a nice job!

That’s a nice looking steak too!! You got a lot of tenderloin on the one side, it almost resembles a porterhouse.

The ones I get usually have only a small piece left. If I had a good price on those, I’d probably go back to the store for more.

Like!!

T-Bone in the AirFryer

OK, I just had to try it, now that the weather is getting worse.
This is the first Steak I’ve done in my AirFryer #360.
And might as well try some Roasted Taters too, while I’m at it.
So first I marinated a nice T-Bone for a few hours in some Teriyaki Marinade.
Then cut up some Taters in little cubes to Roast with our T-Bone.
Then I put the T-bone in the Crisper Basket, and joined it with a good sized pile of Tater cubes.
After some research, I decided to try 400°, and set it to 30 minutes, to avoid an auto-stop.
I checked it at 18 minutes, and it wasn’t done yet, so checked at 20 minutes, and both the Steak & Taters were Just Right.
So I divvied up the T-Bone between Me & Mrs Bear, and took some Taters, and some Corn Mrs Bear got ready for us.
Then the next night, I trimmed all the leftover Meat from the bones, and packed it in a leftover Hot Dog Roll.
I added some Tallarico’s Cheesesteak Sauce, and some American Cheese, and had a Tasty little Cheesesteak.
Then I threw the last leftover Roasted Taters on the Plate, and I’m a Happy Old Bear.
BTW: I stopped buying T-Bones awhile back, due to always being tough, but the price was right on this one, and it wasn’t too tough.

Thanks for Stopping by,

Bear

Steak Marinating---Taters ready to go:
View attachment 427395

Ready to put in:
View attachment 427396

And We're off!!
View attachment 427398

All Done:
View attachment 427399

Inside Look:
View attachment 427400

Bear's Portion:
View attachment 427401

Bear's First Helping:
View attachment 427402

Leftover after we both had Supper #1:
View attachment 427403

Trimmed meat from bone for this Cheesesteak:
View attachment 427404

Topped with Cheese:
View attachment 427405

Leftover Taters on the side:

View attachment 427406
Great idea. Double Like!

Nice looking T-bone. Now the question is....... Better in there or on your indoor smokeless grill ? ? ? We haven't heard any other experiments on that lately. :emoji_wink: I'm thinking that got put waaay back into the closet now. Ha ha...

Mighty Tasty Looking, I was wondering how the Air Fryer would do with Steaks, Now I know

Gary

Looks great! I usually do mine in a CI pan with bacon grease. No where near as healthy as your method!
I think you can sell your smokers & just use your instant pot & your air fryer to do just about anything!!! But there is still nothing better than sitting next to a fire & stoking it while you drink a few beers & wait for the meat to get done! That is a very relaxing day for me!
Al

Reactions: Winterrider
Steak in an air fryer? Whodathunk? Nice adaptation for the season. Like!

I was seeing tough meat, too and changed my buying habits, but I missed those steaks. I've returned to high direct heat only for T-bones and ribeyes. They are magically tender again.

I'm still noodling thru why the direct/indirect method CAN cause tender cuts to be tough (not always) when indirect/direct or direct only methods seem to keep things tender. That muscle is doing something.

Looks might appetizing to me. I could see myself chowing down on that.

Point for sure
Chris

That steak looks perfectly done! Thats my kind of food. Meat and potatoes! Another nice meal produced from your air fryer! That thing can turn out some good eats!

Thank You Sow!!

Bear

Looks good . Perfect temp on that steak for me . Yup , that 360 is another fun way to cook .
Nice work .

Thank You Rich!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear that looks awesome! That airfryer really is doing a nice job!

That’s a nice looking steak too!! You got a lot of tenderloin on the one side, it almost resembles a porterhouse.

The ones I get usually have only a small piece left. If I had a good price on those, I’d probably go back to the store for more.

Like!!

Thank You Xray!!

Bear

Looking good! You are doing that air fryer justice!

Thank You Steve!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I reckon I'm gonna have to get me an air fryer.. Between Bear's posts and others on the site, I am now convinced..Great job Bear !

Reactions: Steve H
Nice looking T-bone. Now the question is....... Better in there or on your indoor smokeless grill ? ? ? We haven't heard any other experiments on that lately. :emoji_wink: I'm thinking that got put waaay back into the closet now. Ha ha...

Thank You Rider!!
That's a close one, but the AirFryer is a lot more versatile that the Smokeless Indoor Grill.
I just did one on there, but I didn't get to post it yet---Soon.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Very interesting. Never would have though of doing a steak in the air fryer. One of these days I will have to pick up one of those air fryers.

Thank You Brett!!
I feel better now---It's no longer only Me who says how Great these Fryers are.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky