Sweet N Spicy Grilled Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grilldad

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Longview, WA.
Today we tried a variation on our usual go-to S&P Bone in Breasts grilled and then glazed with BBQ sauce. (My wife's favorite!). It's quick and easy and tasty. This time we used bone-in thighs that we brined for 8 hours in apple juice, water, brown sugar and salt. Then we seasoned them with chili, garlic and onion powders, salt, cumin, coriander and chipotle chili powder. I grilled them for around 8 minutes, brushing them in the last 3 min or so with a mixture of honey and cider vinegar. The glaze is messy but burned off the grate after I pulled the chicken and increased the heat. The chicken was really good. Probably didn't need the brine, but we thought we'd try it anyways. It was sweet and spicy and really quick! A good weeknight grilled dish if you're short on time.

That looks good and the day after a 12 hour Pork Butt...Quick is NICE!...JJ

Your thighs look great!

thumb1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky