• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SW24 Camp Chef Sportsman's Warehouse Pellet Grill

Tokarev

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 17, 2020
I picked up one of these this morning. Had actually gone in to look at Green Mountain but ended up balking at the price:

https://www.sportsmans.com/outdoor-...let-grill-with-gen2-wifi-controller/p/1620993

I had been wanting something a little bigger. Not that I need a large grill but I'd rather have unusued extra room vs trying to cram a big brisket into a small space. But the SW has a full bottom and nearly a full top rack. Advertised cooking space is almot 800 cu in. Not much space between the top and bottom rack but it should be okay with some pre-planning.

I'm not sure about the Camp Chef brand but given my recent experiences with Pit Boss I'm assuming I can't do much worse.

I have a small pork shoulder on now. The temp is holding pretty close to 225 and I have the smoke setting on 5.

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
I have never not had enough space. I have done six racks of ribs at one time.

Tokarev

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 17, 2020
I have never not had enough space. I have done six racks of ribs at one time.
What's your preferred smoke setting? Is there a noticeable difference between them?

I can guess there will be a big difference between settings 1 and 10. But between 2 and 3 or 7 and 8? Probably not so much.

TGun715

Joined Oct 19, 2021
I picked up one of these this morning. Had actually gone in to look at Green Mountain but ended up balking at the price:

https://www.sportsmans.com/outdoor-...let-grill-with-gen2-wifi-controller/p/1620993

I had been wanting something a little bigger. Not that I need a large grill but I'd rather have unusued extra room vs trying to cram a big brisket into a small space. But the SW has a full bottom and nearly a full top rack. Advertised cooking space is almot 800 cu in. Not much space between the top and bottom rack but it should be okay with some pre-planning.

I'm not sure about the Camp Chef brand but given my recent experiences with Pit Boss I'm assuming I can't do much worse.

I have a small pork shoulder on now. The temp is holding pretty close to 225 and I have the smoke setting on 5.
Hey Tokarev,
I've been researching pellet grills/smokers and came across this one at SW for $649. I'm just looking to replace my old worn out propane grill with something that can grill and/or smoke, and I'm more of a beginner. Now that you've had this grill for a year, what do you think overall? Are you happy with it? Any complaints, tips, beware of, etc...?

Thanks!
Tom

Tokarev

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 17, 2020
The grill itself worked fine but I had problems connecting to WiFi. I eventually ended up returning the grill to SW for a refund.

1MoreFord

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 4, 2020
I have a similar grill, the pg24sg, and it too has weak Wifi. I added an inexpensive TP Link Wifi extender from Amazon to solve my connection problems.

TGun715

Joined Oct 19, 2021
I'm wondering if there were 2 versions of the wifi controller, or was the original one non-wifi, and the Gen2 is the current one with wifi? I do have the TP Link extenders already, so maybe I'll place one near the grill should I buy one, and that should take care of it.

In general, I was just wondering if those of you who have it like it for how it smokes and grills? There's not a lot of info out there on these. SW currently has them at $649.99, but I'm waiting for a sale.

1634756680004.png

1MoreFord

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 4, 2020
The controller on the left is the current PID Gen2 Wifi and the one on the right is the Gen1 that, IIRC, is not Wifi orPID.

ETA - I forgot to mention I do like my similar 24SG aside from the universal complaint of light smoke profile.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.