SV Turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooperman

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 3, 2016
Hey all
I would like to sous vide a turkey breast just for slicing for sandwiches. I love how the sous vide keeps the chicken breast so moist. However, I was thinking of giving it a little smoke for added flavor. Any suggestions on how I should do this? Smoke before, after, cold smoke with the AMPS?
Thanks

Pure guess here, But I think you'd be better off smoking it first. Cold smoking possibly. Once the meat is up to temp it won't accept much smoke penetration or chemical alteration. If you do cold smoke or low temp smoke remember the food temp time safety. The danger zone that is. from fridge to 140* in under 4 hours. IIRC that is.

Reactions: bigdaddy4760
Thanks Nebraskan,
I couldn’t decide what to do, so I just rubbed it with McCormicks mesquite seasoning and sous vide it. It did turn out very good, moist, and tender.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky