SV Tri Tip Smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
this was an experiment / first attempt.

Rubbed with my coffee/espresso rub, SV 6 hours at 130. then removed the drippings re-bagged and to the refrigerator overnight. Added more rub, then smoked at 225 to 130, gave it a quick once over with the torch. then rest 15 minutes. the side was a radish, red onion, jalapeno, avocado salad dressed with sesame iol and white balsamic. sauted mushrooms in tallow and added the SV drippings to make a gravy. the beef was prefect for my taste, juicy, tender and flavorful. the wife loved it and this was likely the most rare beef i ever saw her eat (that is a big win). the beef looks dark from the coffee and the torch.

Another must make again!

IMG_6353.jpg
IMG_6354.jpg
IMG_6355.jpg
IMG_6356.jpg
IMG_6357.jpg

Lordy lordy Dave!! You are on a roll my friend. That looks stunning. Perfection personified and served up in grand fashion. Excellent job sir.

Robert

Reactions: sandyut
Did it pick up much smoke flavor?
just enough. this was not a large TT, and cooked pretty quick. I have dome them at lower temps and stretched the cook time. But I liked this way better. TT is so tasty, just the hint was perfect.

First let me say my desk is now covered in drool that looks amazing!!
How would you compare the tenderness to just a standard smoked tri tip? And would you be willing to share your coffee rub recipe?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky