Surf & Turf Kabobs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Surf & Turf Kabobs

We had some leftover Ribeye (Mostly due to Mrs Bear).

My Ribeyes that these came from:
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/166509/ribeyes-bone-in

Normally I either flip it around on a hot grill for a minute or 2 on each side, or cut it in bite size pieces & Broil it or flip it around in a hot frying pan.
Often it ends up sitting next to a pair of eggs.

However I also had a couple one pound packs of Scallops in my freezer.
So I cut the Rare Ribeye Leftovers into bite size pieces, and alternated them with Scallops on some skewers.

Then I threw 4 TBS of butter in the Nukulator until it melted, and added 4 TBS of Worcestershire "Thick", and stirred well.
Then onto my hot Weber "Q 320", and turning the Kabobs while brushing my above mixture on the Kabobs continuously, until it was all gone.
Then I scraped all the pieces from the Kabobs into a bowl.

I sat out on the porch, enjoying the Beautiful weather, & ate more than half of the bowl, and put the rest in the fridge for Nuking Snacks for later & the next day.

Mrs Bear didn't get any of this, because she doesn't eat any fish or seafood, so it was ALL MINE !!!!!

I will definitely be doing this again, and that simple basting mixture was Perfect !!!

Thanks for looking,

Bear

Fresh Scallops with leftover Ribeye cubes on skewers ready for grill:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0806.jpg.html

Kabobs after first basting:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0807.jpg.html

Kabobs almost ready to remove from grill:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0808.jpg.html

Bear's Supper on the Front Porch:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0809.jpg.html

Last edited:
Reactions: leah elisheva
Nice Job Bear! Scallops are a nice treat. Every now and then they'll go on sale around here for $13.99/lb or so, which is still ridiculous. However, a half pound will usually give 4 to 6 scallops if decent sized, so occasionally we splurge. Haven't tried them smoked or grilled yet, but after seeing this I might have to. Thanks for the inspiration!

Good job my friend, I love Scallop's and Ribeye  I'll have to do that, we usually do shrimp, meat (ribeye) onion, bell pepper and tomato and a couple skewers of just shrimp and ribeye, but I do like good sweet scallops.

Gary

Lookin good Bear! I like the idea...nice going ,

Red
Thank You Red!!

Bear

Bear this is beautiful and my kind of food!

That looks terrific!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and happy Friday to you!!!!!!!! - Leah
Thanks a Bunch Leah!!

Not the Presentation you like, but I just sat on the porch & ate most of it right out of the bowl.
biggrin.gif

Bear

Missus Bear doesn't eat seafood? She has such good taste in mates I find that hard to believe. This looks so good, you should get her to try it and she may convert.

Disco

Good job my friend, I love Scallop's and Ribeye  I'll have to do that, we usually do shrimp, meat (ribeye) onion, bell pepper and tomato and a couple skewers of just shrimp and ribeye, but I do like good sweet scallops.

Gary
Thanks Gary!!

These are the first Skewers I've done in a long time, but it won't be the last.

These were great, and my Worcestershire mixed with melted Butter really was a Great addition!!

Bear

Nice Job Bear! Scallops are a nice treat. Every now and then they'll go on sale around here for $13.99/lb or so, which is still ridiculous. However, a half pound will usually give 4 to 6 scallops if decent sized, so occasionally we splurge. Haven't tried them smoked or grilled yet, but after seeing this I might have to. Thanks for the inspiration!
Thank You, Neighbor!!

I rarely buy Scallops, but these were really on a Great sale. They're small Sea Scallops, about 30 to a pound, and they were on sale for $7.98 per pound. I couldn't pass that up. I got 2 pounds.

Bear

Good price, I never see them that cheap around here, usually double that. Don't know if you have tried this, I'll make up skewers with the steak, shrimp and veggies put them in a flat pan and pour zesty Italian dressing over them put back in the fridge for a couple hours, then on the grill

Gary

That looks awesome Bear ! Now there's a meal I do believe I could have just about anytime day or night...... I would not leave much evidence either....LOL. Another great meal.... :drool

Tasty looking spread Bear! Love your take on Surf and Turf!
Thank You Case!!!

I'll be doing this again!!

Bear

Missus Bear doesn't eat seafood? She has such good taste in mates I find that hard to believe. This looks so good, you should get her to try it and she may convert.

Disco
Thanks Disco!!

LOL---After more than 45 years, I've given up on getting her to eat any Fish or Seafood. 

She Loves My Prime Rib, though!!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

That looks awesome Bear ! Now there's a meal I do believe I could have just about anytime day or night...... I would not leave much evidence either....LOL. Another great meal....
drool.gif
Thanks Justin!!

I Appreciate it !!

Bear

Looks great Big Bear! I would've help you eat that!!!!
Thank You AK !!!

Good to see ya!!

Bear

Looks good Bear. You could have invited me. You don't have to eat alone!
241.png

Happy smoken.

David
Thanks David!!

I'll have to make more next time, if you & AK1 & Justin, and whoever are showing up!!!

Bear

As always I'm late on this one again - Bear those look sensational!!!! nice job. 

A full grill is a happy griller.

DS 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky