Super Bowl Prep and Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gunner69

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
Hillsboro, OR
So I started prepping for the Party tomorrow the original menu was supposed to be Babybacks but when I got to Cash-n-Carry they only had 4 cryo's of some of the sorriest BB's I have ever seen and they definitely weren't worth 3.19/lb. They did have a pile of St. Louis Spares for 2.37/lb.. Kind of a no brainer there for me.

I am trying to get more pics of the whole process rather than just finished product. So here we go...

Now that right there is a beautiful Pile O' Pork

BBQ in our house is a family affair

Gratuitous promo shot for my rub supplier.. Big Ron's Rubs ROCK!!!

Half 6 racks done in Hint of Houston 6 in Original.

That'll make for some serious eatin' tomorrow! You must be expecting a big crowd to be smoking 12 racks.

No kiddin, and have a beast of a smoker. I also went to cash and carry today and gave those St. Louis ribs a double take... but was after butts. Looking good man!

Getting ready to make up a batch of sauce.... Recipe was posted a bit ago I added a 1/4t of Ground Chipotle and dropped the Maple Syrup.

Only thing missing from the pic is the onions and the butter as they were currently in the pan already.

Shot of the dry ingredients prior to going in the pan..

And now on to the next appetizer for tomorrow..

Buffalo Chicken Balls (The recipe is for a double batch cut in half for normal use)

In the bowl are 2 store bought rottisere chickens that I picked up just to make it easier on myself.

Recipe is:

2 Roasted Chickens (Homemade or Store Bought)
1 1/4c Franks Red Hot Sauce
16oz Cream Cheese
1/4-1/2c raw yellow onion (can substitute Red or Green onions depending on preference)
1Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1/2tsp Ground Chipotles
Salt and Pepper to taste
About 12oz of Shredded Cheese(more or less to firm up balls)

Mix all ingredients thoroughly and form into balls about the size of a golf ball. Cover with cling wrap and refridgerate overnight..

Topping
1c Flour seasoned with your preferred rub
2 eggs with 1Tbsp of water beaten
3-4c of Panko bread crumbs or Corn Flake Crumbs( I'm using corn flakes this year)

Remove from fridge and reform into round balls.

Do a 3 part dredge flour,egg, crumbs and place on Smoker Rack

Smoke about 45min-1hr @ 225-250 to heat through and melt cheese.

Man oh Man I wish I was going over to your house tomorrow for the game.

nice looking spread so far, looking forward to some more pics.

Crap! How long is it going to take me to get from East TN to Oregon?
What a great looking feast you have! Your place is obviously serious about BBQ and Football! I am demanding some finished pics if I have to drive up there myself...please?

Great Start!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Someone is going to be as busy as a beaver tomorrow...

First 8 racks getting ready to hit the smoker... do to size limitations I'll be doing the 2 portion of 3-2-1 in the oven while the other 4 racks smoke.. going to take some coordination but I think it will turn out fine.. Now have to get the ABT's all ready to go on after that.

Well company just left so it's time for the grand finale....

Heres the ABT's prep'd and ready to rest in the fridge until I can get and open rack in the smoker.

All wrapped up and headed to the fridge...

Breading the Chicken balls then back in the fridge as well...

All breaded and headed to the smoker.

Ribs resting and ready to slice.. I actually only ended up with 8 racks of ribs that were decent the other 4 ended up so fall off the bone we just pulled them and tossed them in with the Shoulder that a co-worker brought.

Pulled pork and ribs just waiting for the guests to arrive.

ABT's fresh out of the smoker they were done just as Halftime started probably the only thing that came out of the smoker on timer today.

I'll have some more pics once a buddy of mine sends them out to me...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky