Sunday's ribs - with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ngasmokehead

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Cartersville, GA
Hey folks...haven't posted in a LONG time, but have been smoking occasionally...I know, "bad boy".  Anyway, Sunday I did some babybacks because the weather was great here in GA and I've been itching to fire up the cooker.  

I prefer babybacks when I can find the extra meaty versions...these did not disappoint. Found them here at a local meat market. These were done with a modified 2-2-1 method in my GOSM with a mixture of hickory and apple for smoke. Temps were fairly easy to control, with periods of some decent wind. Rub was pure store bought Famous Dave's - I like it pretty well...Sauce was Dreamland (hate their cue but LOVE the sauce) because I wasn't feeling anything sweet.  I added a bit of honey and sprayed with apple juice and apple cider vinegar when foiling.  Temps were 225-240...they turned out great - not quite fall off the bone, but dang close, with the ability to take a clean bite thru on most slabs...

Here are a couple pics...apologies in advance for no pre-cook or mid cook photos...I was preoccupied with two kids (one sick) for most of the day while the wife was busy...I know, "bad boy"...enjoy. 

On a side note...I also wanted some opinions from folks who have WSM's and what they think of them and which model (18 vs 22.5) is preferred (do you NEED the extra space), etc.  Thanks and Happy smoking!

8dd14750_IMAG0302.jpg

c75bc7b2_IMAG0300.jpg

looks great smokehead.............................
icon14.gif

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky